Question.. Exercise ... Steps vs going for a walk

Options
My phone counts my steps and that is accounted for by the app. Question is... I see people noting minutes they walked for under exercise... Are hear considered separately? Cause it feels like double dipping for me... What are your thoughts ?

Replies

• EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My Up24 counts my steps, and that uploads to MFP, so I don't add additional exercise to MFP. My Up24 is not a perfect indicator of my steps (for a couple of reasons, some positive and some negative) but it's good enough for my purposes. If you really care, and think you will get better results with manual logging over the link, you can always disable the automatic link and log manually. I agree that logging both is most likely counterproductive as it double records the same workout.
  • bogoisblessed1
    bogoisblessed1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always log any exercise separately. This is because I don't carry my phone with me as I'm exercising therefore, steps are not accumulating.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I use walking for exercise, so when I’m logging, I log the time walking as an exercise. Obviously, during the day I’ll do other walking, which I just consider a part of my normal lifestyle (and not logged).