What is your weigh-in day?

Options

Replies

• raejeanr
    raejeanr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but on Sundays my mom and I share our weights to motivate us and encourage each other.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    I weigh at night be for my bath. I know I generally have a 2 lb drop over night. I then weigh again in the morning. I I have been doing it this way since I was a teen. I post the weight I have had for a couple or 3 days. It takes 2 days for the body to show what you did to your self by eating that cake or doing well.

Good idea
  • ShanitaMarie85
    ShanitaMarie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do Wednesdays and Sundays
  • ycel0612
    ycel0612 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I weigh every friday
  • 100percentcom
    Options
    I weigh in everyday also! As soon as I get up before anything!
  • debtiffany_
    debtiffany_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day. However, I only post my weight when I lose, cause that's the kind of gal I am.
  • alyssaburgess96
    alyssaburgess96 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is it good to weigh yourself everyday or just once a week I read online it's not good to weigh yourself everyday but I could be wrong?
  • lschifko314
    lschifko314 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wednesday morning i seem to be the lightest but sometimes i weigh in saturday morning too
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. The app I use averages my week and I go with that. My issue with once a week weigh-ins is that I can manipulate the scale and almost cheat it. I rather see my daily fluctuation.

How can you manipulate the scale, and why would you want to? Isn't that only cheating yourself? ;)

When I wrestled I did this all the time to make weight...you dehydrate. Another trick is to just radically cut carbs for a few days and dump a bunch of water weight. Then hopefully you end up on the mat with someone who is actually in the lower weight class when you're about 10 Lbs heavier and then you destroy their world...but then sometimes the opposite happens as well.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    I weigh usually on a Monday but I should start everyday just to see the fluctuations.
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It was Monday mornings but we're doing a Biggest Loser challenge at work so currently Thursdays
  • KayRisTee
    KayRisTee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I find this keeps me on track better than not. But the only weight I log is from Sunday, my weigh-in day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, then log it into Happy Scale and an Excel sheet, and Wednesday's weight gets logged to MFP
  • paullynch1
    paullynch1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    On a Sunday for records. Wake up, go to the toilet then weigh. Any other time I feel like without recording it.
  • YanskaNY
    YanskaNY Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I love all of your feedback.
  • sarabclaypole
    sarabclaypole Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I get scanned on tanita scales every Sunday around 10am in the same place before a workout
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    monday mornings keeps me in check over the weekend.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings
  • mjc1409
    mjc1409 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most days, but I log my weight on Weigh-In Wednesday, because it's fun to say!
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I weigh AND log every day. By weighing only once a week, you lose over 85% of your data points. As long as you understand that your weight WILL fluctuate, both up and down, weighing daily and looking at the overall trend is the best option.

I log my weight in the fitbit app (free account, I don't even have a fitbit), which I have linked to trendweight.com - this is my graph for the past 6 months (been doing this for 2 years now, but you can see better on the snipped graph) - the thin gray line are my actual daily weigh-ins...the thick red line is my weight trend. Doing this has helped me see that I usually have 2-3 weeks where I don't lose, and may even gain...and then 1-2 weeks where I lose a lot...but the overall trend is still down, regardless of what my daily weight looks like....the spike at the end is because we were on vacation from Feb 13th through the 22nd, and I didn't log my foods at all (and didn't eat very healthy...plus drank 3 bottles of wine in 10 days, whereas I normally don't drink at all), and only worked out once.

6m.png