Stressed.

aprilh576
aprilh576 Posts: 50 Member
Counting calories are really starting to get to me. Im not even sure if im logging accurately. Ive lost 12lbs and stopped. I just dont know whats happening.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    You need to open your diary
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Your diary is closed so it's hard to help. Plus we need more details... for example, how long did it take to lose the 12, and how long have you been stalled?

General tips

Use a food scale!

Read:

Calorie Counting 101

Logging Accuracy, Consistency, and you're probably eating more than you think
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Learn how to do it properly from those links. You need to do this to be effective. It was obviously working for you.

Its not worth getting stressed about. It becomes faster by using MFP once you build up your own rnage of food entries as you just copy and past from previous days.

You cna also prelog food so you dont have to worry about counting, but do it ahead of time. that might remove some of the stress, but ofc your entries have to reflect what you do in reality.
  • blankiefinder
    My guess, from looking at your diary, is that your exercise calories are way too high. What kind of workouts are you doing? I would have to do a 60 minute Zumba class, followed by 45 minutes on an exercise bike in order to burn 700+ calories

im6brfop56ua.png

If those are fitbit calories for everyday activities, rather than specific exercise, I would not log them. Those should be accommodated for in your activity level (sedentary, lightly active, etc). You need to stop eating back most of those calories.
  • aprilh576
    I do cardio and walking. 45-60+ mins just about everyday. With over 10,000 steps i guess that the fitbit adjustment. Just started strength and core. My starting weight was 297 im now 282. Goal is 200lbs. My intake is set for 1560 and activity level sedentary. Ive learned not to eat all of them back. I started in January and now on March no weight loss.
  • blankiefinder
    Are you using a food scale? It is almost always one of two things, either you're eating more than you think, or you are burning less. If it's neither of those, then a visit to your dr to get your thyroid checked might be needed. If you've only been stalled for 2 weeks, it's not a huge deal, but if your numbers are accurate, you should be losing. Watch out for small bumps from excess sodium from eating out, though, or TOM bloating throwing the scale off for a week.
  • aprilh576
    No food scale will have to wait til Friday to get one. It is the tom for me. I didnt think of too much sodium because i do go over 2300mg a lot.
  • blankiefinder
    In that case, get a food scale, figure out if you're logging accurately, let the sodium from your dinner out (last night I think?) clear your system, and TOM to pass, and then reweigh :D Slow and steady wins the race!
  • aprilh576
    Thanks so much! Adding you as a friend.
  • bigres20
    bigres20 Posts: 17
    Great goal April! Please keep us updated on your progress!

So it all depends on what your maintenance weight is and subtracting from there. MFP should do that well for you but just in case you want to check it ever, 500 cals less than your maintanence weight daily will equate to approx 1lb lost/week. What you eat is important as well! I use a few other tools outside of MFP to help my progress (currently cutting as well). Its all about figuring out where you are and making the adjustments along the way. Let me know how I can help
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    aprilh576 wrote: »
    No food scale will have to wait til Friday to get one. It is the tom for me. I didnt think of too much sodium because i do go over 2300mg a lot.

Watch this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY