Honey, it's not baby weight anymore...he 9.

Options
I am a 35 year old wife and mother of 2. I've struggled with my weight ever since my youngest was born in '06. My ultimate goal is to lose around 90lbs by December. I'm tired of having to start over and over and over again. I really need it to stick this time!

Replies

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hehehe I like the "hard truth", it's not baby weight anymore when they aren't babies anymore :)
    I started this with 80 lbs to lose and have lost 21 so far. I can do it, and you can do it too :)
    Where is it that you have trouble each time? What makes you fall off plan, and then have to restart? If you can figure out where your struggles and weaknesses are, maybe you can overcome them/plan to succeed. Starting over and over is still something - it's not giving up :)
  • m80hatzke
    m80hatzke Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement
  • m80hatzke
    Options
    I had a reply written up and it just up and disappeared on me.
  • jdbels25
    jdbels25 Posts: 2
    Options
    I loved the title! That's just how I feel!!!
  • RNZLR
    RNZLR Posts: 23
    Options
    That's a great post title! Hope you find some encouraging folks and reach your goals!
  • rlroo12
    rlroo12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Um, this! Exactly how I feel also. My son turns 2 in a few weeks and it's time for me to get healthy and fit again! I've been on again off again also and need some motivation and accountability! Looking to loose 30-40 lbs. Figuring out I do better with goals and timelines so I going to set up some short and long term goals.
  • happymom24
    happymom24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! With each child, my goal was to be at pre-pregnancy weight by the time they turned one. I never quite made it...but after my 2nd child, I got to a good enough weight that I was ok with it. Two surprise blessings later (back to back pregnancies, no less!) I am nowhere near any pre-pregnancy weight! I always start and then fall off track. Hopefully this time it sticks. And with spring on the way, I'm hoping to get out more to help add extra steps to my routine. The baby turns 2 this summer while we are on a family vacation. That is my goal date!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I was large even before i gave birth so i couldnt even blame it on that. Dont think about your end goal just make some mini goals. you really can do it. I never believed i would be where i am now. The trick is no matter how tiresome it gets never give up. DOnt do anything drastic and you really dont have to quit the foods you love. Good luck, you will do it. x
  • m80hatzke
    Options
    Everything you ladies have said is exactly why I am loving this. It's so easy to get caught up in taking care of your family and all of their needs, but before you know it you have completely neglected to take care of yourself. My husband is wonderful but bless his little high metabolism heart, he's never struggled with weight...so he doesn't quite get it. I'm giving myself small goals each month leading to my ultimate goal, and we are going on a cruise right after that so that's some major motivation! I would love to encourage each one of you anyway I can, so please hit me up anytime! Your kind words help so much more than you know
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Mine will be one in a couple of weeks and I'm still 15 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm really buckling down this past month or so and cleaning up my act. I feel good and am making progress. I know you can do it, too!

Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • sara17sb
    sara17sb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there, love the post and can relate! My 3 boys are 13, almost 8, almost 14 months. I gained 100lbs in my first pregnancy and never lost it. Luckily was able to lose what I put on in my second 2 pregnancies, but haven't lost my original 100. I always wanted to look the way I did before my babies, but recently have been more concerned for my health. I am now looking at this as getting my health back..and I really don't want my youngest to turn 13 and me still be struggling with this. My husband has also never had weight issues and isn't the best support because he has no idea what it's all about, so any support I get here has been great! If anyone would like to add me that would be awesome :)