Ashburn, Virginia representin'! (isn't that what the young people say?) :p
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Annandale but now in Frederick MD. I love going to DC
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hi, Dan - I work in Bethesda, MD - live in Frederick, MD - my Sister lives in DC. Great place - terrific people!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am also in Frederick MD. We get to DC when the weather is nice!
  • SkinnyForMinnie
    SkinnyForMinnie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @treebee5 Where are you moving from?
  • drsdc63
    drsdc63 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    becky10rp wrote: »
    Hi, Dan - I work in Bethesda, MD - live in Frederick, MD - my Sister lives in DC. Great place - terrific people!

I totally agree Becky. I have lived in Arlington since 1998 but I get into DC at least weekly for a run. Also love all the great places to eat in DC.
  • drsdc63
    Options
    DC is in the house

I hope you are keeping up with your walking :-)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Winchester, va. Here! Kinda closeish!
  • treebee5
    treebee5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We're moving from FL. My husband is going a couple of months before me, and I'll join him after the kids get out of school. Even though I know it's been a harsh winter for the DC area I am looking forward to living in place with four seasons again.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5 miles from the DC border in Maryland. I work in the Rockville area, but spend most weekends downtown doing all of the things. <3 DC restaurants, esp the brunch scene. I can't wait for the lovely weather to return so that we can eat outside again!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    DC resider here. We live in the U Street area and have been here for over 15 years. Can't give up the city life where you find great restaurants, shopping, free museums, and a great music scene. What more can I want?
  • lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    treebee5 wrote: »
    My family and I will be moving to DC in June. Keep up the conversation about places to go, we're thinking of renting in Falls Church.

You're going to be close to some amazing and cheap Vietnamese food. So yummy and mostly healthy!
  • Kyharrison
    Kyharrison Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Dan! Great idea!! Im in NE DC. :)
  • drsdc63
    Options
    Kyharrison wrote: »
    Hi Dan! Great idea!! Im in NE DC. :)

I have to admit it was a suggestion from someone on my feed. I am glad I tried it out. Looks like a great place for MFPers of the DMV.
  • drsdc63
    Options
    SNOWDAY!!!
  • mugglewump701
    mugglewump701 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Becky here-I live in Falls Church with my husband and work in DC. Currently waiting to see if I have to go into work today ;) crazy winter we're having!
  • drsdc63
    Options
    Becky here-I live in Falls Church with my husband and work in DC. Currently waiting to see if I have to go into work today ;) crazy winter we're having!

We got a snow day so I went for a run in the snow. I hope you have a great day.
  • lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Two hour delay today! I'll admit that after doing a little bit of shoveling, I'm already back in my PJs, haha. Thank goodness for telecommuting!
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey! Moving in summer to Alexandria, VA. :D
  • bingo_jenn
    bingo_jenn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    DarbiB wrote: »
    lakhena wrote: »
    Northside Social is yummy, but the place I miss most in that area is Ray's Hellburger. I used to lunch there all the time when I worked in the area. Five Guys and Shake Shack in Dupont just aren't the same.

Have you tried Spike's Good Stuff Eatery near Eastern Market? Those are 100% my favorite burgers in the DMV, followed closely by The Counter in Reston Town Center.

There is a Good Stuff in Crystal City, too. I haven't eaten there yet, but my friends rave about it.

I'm in Arlington. I really miss living in DC. And it's sooooo far to cross the river... ;)