Double chins.. do they go away? Face pictures anyone?

Options
Rawls65
Rawls65 Posts: 11
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
Hi, This is my first time posting on the message boards. I joined MFP back in 2012 and lost about 28 pounds. Unfortunately I put most of that weight back on since then. So here I am again. I need to lose 80 pounds to be at my goal weight. I have a double chin that I really want to get rid of. Even when I was thin I had a fuller face than a lot of people do but I didn't have the hanging down part of a double chin. When I lost the almost 30 pounds I didn't really notice much difference in my face. I would love to see before and after pictures of double chins/ faces. ...And , how much did you lose before you started seeing the double chin going away? I will be honest and say, I'm concerned that mine will never go away. Or hoping I will not be left with sagging skin there. I am 49 years old.. I really want to lose the double chin. Pictures would be appreciated!

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Sure :)

Before:

60m4z7cp67dp.jpg

More recently:

06i6w670nq0z.jpg
  • Rawls65
    Options
    Thank you. You look great!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

The weight difference between the two photos is about 65 pounds. I really saw a reduction in the chin around 35-40 pounds. But it will really depend on where you lose your weight.
  • Rawls65
    Options
    Thank you! That gives me hope :smile: I think out of all the places I'm fat, my chin bothers me most!
  • i8my4re
    i8my4re Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't have a pic to share, but in my late 30s I took up running and eating a lot better. Being 6'1" and weighing 220 isn't the end of the world but looking at pictures from that time period I was like 'wow what happened to my face'. After dropping roughly 25 lbs everyone really noticed the change in my face. Now having scar tissue on my left achilles means no more running as this injury has stayed with me for 3 years and now I'm 223. Actually 227 a week a go as I've started to watch my meals again and count those calories. Mainly staying away from chocolate bars and Coke (my god I love Coke!). I just started riding a bike last year and am going to focus on that for my cardio. Anyway, sorry to digress, but ya I would say you should probably lose the double chin :-) Best of luck!
  • TheRealStella47
    TheRealStella47 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    In my experience with prior weight losses (I've been a bit of a yoyo-er), mine has gotten MUCH less noticeable, but has never gone completely away. :( I have a small face and I just don't have enough jawline, I guess. Part of it must be genetic, thought, because my youngest daughter does not have any weight issues (5'7" and 118 pounds), but she still has a little tiny bit of "softness" under her chin.
  • mom2322
    mom2322 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It definitely goes! I've lost 34lbs so far and I see a huge difference. wt2q3v6q5ji5.jpg
  • mom2322
    mom2322 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It depends also where You lose the weight first, I usually start losing on my face... But don't worry much, you will see the results you are looking for ;) might take a little more time... And usually people will notice before you do.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    arpcc16fnoul.jpg
    I have a better version of the pic on the right. I just don't have access to it on my phone. Sadly it's my current drivers license photo. Top left is early Feb. 2015. Bottom left was just a few days ago.
  • Rawls65
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Very nice pics so far with great successes attached.

But OP is 49 (and I'm up there too).

So I'm still waiting for someone over the age of 45 to post before and after double chin pics.

Yes..I too am wondering if the chin goes away at an older age. Everyone in these pictures look great! ... and young :smile: Also, although I see some fuller faces and chins in these before pictures, I don't see anyone who has the "hanging" chin. I don't know how to post a picture here but you may be able to see my profile picture. From a side view my chin goes at an angle down to my neck.. looks like I need a chin lift.. not sure how to explain.
  • Rawls65
    Options
    And Thank you to everyone for replying! You all look great!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    mom2322 wrote: »
    It depends also where You lose the weight first, I usually start losing on my face... But don't worry much, you will see the results you are looking for ;) might take a little more time... And usually people will notice before you do.

I first lose in my face too, but I seem to notice that I lose first where I gained last. So yeah, my face shows it, and my feet, of all things. I chalk that up to water loss. This time, my gut, which was something I had never had trouble with before, has improved noticeably in the first 16 pounds.

But oh, the chins. I only just noticed how awful my chin and neck area looked a few months ago. When did THAT happen??? Of all the things I want to lose, the chin is IT.

My thighs are always the last thing, which is probably good. That keeps me going.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Being older, I will deal with sagging skin. Yes, the double and triple chins will disappear. Mine is replaced by a turkey neck.
    photo.jpg

• redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My double chin has mostly gone away - though from the right (wrong!) angles, I can still get a nice double-chin photo. :\

Photo on the left is a "before" - taken about a year ago, the two on the right are current.

tfhcmwt08vnf.jpg
    face.jpg 787.3K
  • fijiguy
    fijiguy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What makes your situation tough is the fact everyday you look in the mirror you will see that chin, and you might be disappointed or even discouraged. That problem is so visually evident that it is hard to ignore. Same thing with stepping on the scale everyday, it is not encouraged. You will lose the weigh and chin. Getting reminded each and everyday is what's hard.
  • corbinskiii
    corbinskiii Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I noticed it was disappearing after I had lost about 70 pounds (but I started at 320) 6alf4tk6b6ao.jpg
    g9edyf6iq2ej.jpg
  • slovie64
    slovie64 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    How encouraging - my daughter took a photo of me watching TV the other day and I was appalled - double chin AND saggy jowls. She was laughing but I wanted to run and hide!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Rawls65 wrote: »
    Hi, This is my first time posting on the message boards. I joined MFP back in 2012 and lost about 28 pounds. Unfortunately I put most of that weight back on since then. So here I am again. I need to lose 80 pounds to be at my goal weight. I have a double chin that I really want to get rid of. Even when I was thin I had a fuller face than a lot of people do but I didn't have the hanging down part of a double chin. When I lost the almost 30 pounds I didn't really notice much difference in my face. I would love to see before and after pictures of double chins/ faces. ...And , how much did you lose before you started seeing the double chin going away? I will be honest and say, I'm concerned that mine will never go away. Or hoping I will not be left with sagging skin there. I am 49 years old.. I really want to lose the double chin. Pictures would be appreciated!

Oh yes...double chins do go away! Unfortunately though for some of us over a 'certain age' lol, they can become turkey wattles.
    Funny thing though about your post- I just read yesterday that the FDA is going to approve a new cosmetic injection that melts the fat in double chins. Really!

http://www.today.com/health/fda-panel-recommends-fat-melting-injections-2D80540779
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i think my whole face slimmed down, it seemed more round before. (excuse the 'bored' look, i was waiting for ages in a car when my picture was taken....)

u2ondmqtlsyf.jpg

7ksb3cnl18oc.jpg

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!