Lost 2 KG and then gained it back?

Options
SlowAndSteady3
SlowAndSteady3 Posts: 3
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I lost 2 KG a month ago in like 2 weeks and I gained it back again, and I didn't change my diet plan, I was still eating not that much, and I heard of this thing called a weight loss plateau. Calorie deficit? I don't know. Help me guys.. I have been continuing my diet for like 4 more weeks but nothing happend, I was just stuck in a ditch and it sucked. Did I eat too less?

Replies

• markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I can't say if you're eating too much or too little without knowing your calorie intake. Sounds from the sounds of things though that you have only been going for a few weeks? That's not a lot of time and it's normal for weight to fluctuate a little bit within a few pounds of range. It is possible that you've plateaued, but I'd say this is really only if you've been doing this for a while or you haven't changed calorie amounts (eating at maintenance). If you have plateaued you just need to cut your calorie amount down by 100-200 calories and see how that works. Also be sure to check your measurements. It is another possibility that you are gaining muscle (muscle is more dense than fat) which adds to your weight #. If your measurements are going in the right direction you are in good shape. If they aren't changing for the better that's when you know you have hit a true plateau and know it's time to adjust.
  • SlowAndSteady3
    Options
    I can't say if you're eating too much or too little without knowing your calorie intake. Sounds from the sounds of things though that you have only been going for a few weeks? That's not a lot of time and it's normal for weight to fluctuate a little bit within a few pounds of range. It is possible that you've plateaued, but I'd say this is really only if you've been doing this for a while or you haven't changed calorie amounts (eating at maintenance). If you have plateaued you just need to cut your calorie amount down by 100-200 calories and see how that works. Also be sure to check your measurements. It is another possibility that you are gaining muscle (muscle is more dense than fat) which adds to your weight #. If your measurements are going in the right direction you are in good shape. If they aren't changing for the better that's when you know you have hit a true plateau and know it's time to adjust.

I have been going on a diet for like 5-6 weeks. I have been consuming not a lot of calories honestly, I thought that eating less calories would not be harmful but I heard that it isn't healthy at all, I have been consuming about 1000 calories, which I know it isn't healthy at all. In the beginning, after two weeks, I lost 2 KG, I was going with the same weight plan, and I gained 1.4 kg after 4 weeks, it's really infuriating. No change in measurements. I don't know man.. I am thinking of going on a 1700 calorie diet but I doubt that will help with my plateau. But I heard that's what I need to eat to lost my weight.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You are a male. So, yes. 1000 calories is severely undereating. It would be undereating for a female.

Set up MFP with your goals. Eat the number of calories that it tells you to.

Log all your food. ALL of it. Every bite. Every piece of gum, bit of cooking oil, etc.

Buy a kitchen scale and weigh your food if you want really good accuracy. And try to pick really accurate database entries -- if you make a grilled cheese sandwich, look at what YOU used, don't be lazy and use an entry from someone else who made a grilled cheese sandwich once.

I realize that I am a random internet person, and I am about to tell you to stop listening to friends, family, random people, health articles. "I am thinking of going on a 1700 calorie diet ... I heard that's what I need to eat to lost my weight" is not really a valid plan. Most of the advice available is misrepresented, contradictory, unnecessary, wrong, etc.

MFP is a valid plan, if you use it correctly. Set it up, follow it properly, ignore articles about magic numbers or foods that burn fat or whatever. DO eat your calories (just log them well). Eat foods you like, in portions that fit your calorie goals.

Read all the stickies on the forums here.

Here is why weighing is so helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKPIcI51lU
  • SlowAndSteady3
    Options
    You are a male. So, yes. 1000 calories is severely undereating. It would be undereating for a female.

Set up MFP with your goals. Eat the number of calories that it tells you to.

Log all your food. ALL of it. Every bite. Every piece of gum, bit of cooking oil, etc.

Buy a kitchen scale and weigh your food if you want really good accuracy. And try to pick really accurate database entries -- if you make a grilled cheese sandwich, look at what YOU used, don't be lazy and use an entry from someone else who made a grilled cheese sandwich once.

I realize that I am a random internet person, and I am about to tell you to stop listening to friends, family, random people, health articles. "I am thinking of going on a 1700 calorie diet ... I heard that's what I need to eat to lost my weight" is not really a valid plan. Most of the advice available is misrepresented, contradictory, unnecessary, wrong, etc.

MFP is a valid plan, if you use it correctly. Set it up, follow it properly, ignore articles about magic numbers or foods that burn fat or whatever. DO eat your calories (just log them well). Eat foods you like, in portions that fit your calorie goals.

Read all the stickies on the forums here.

Here is why weighing is so helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKPIcI51lU

Okay, thanks for your time to write that message. I just wanted to ask, is it going to be necessary to work out? Because I don't go to a gym because they don't let you unless you are 18 or above and I can't work out at home... Period. Technically speaking, I shouldn't need to exercise if I AM following my diet plan but what do you think? O.o
  • gouldyftw
    gouldyftw Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You will be most successful combining diet and exercise. Bare in mind that walking counts as exercise though!

You may find this webpage helpful for some simple ways to burn 100 calories relatively quickly.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1777

For example, walking 20 minutes at 3mph... 10 minutes walking away from your house, turn round and walk 10 minutes back!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks for your time to write that message. I just wanted to ask, is it going to be necessary to work out? Because I don't go to a gym because they don't let you unless you are 18 or above and I can't work out at home... Period. Technically speaking, I shouldn't need to exercise if I AM following my diet plan but what do you think? O.o

If you're not 18 yet, you shouldn't be on MFP.

Try sparkteens.com/.