My Story...

Options
I figured I would tell my story as to why I cannot fail in my quest to lose weight. It starts 2 weeks ago. I was out with my in-laws getting a grandkid picture for my mother-in-law for mother’s day. I was at the picture studio with my wife's 3 sister-in-laws and their 5 kids along with my little girl. I was playing with my nieces as I always do and we were teasing back and forth and my 5 year old niece says "your fat"...well that caught on to my 3 year old niece and she started saying it too. Obviously the second my sister in law heard this she put a stop to it. Obviously I am not mad at the girls because they don't know any better but that didn't mean it wasn't true or it didn't hurt. A week later I was playing in my first softball game of the year and was sent home from second base on a hit into right field. I came around third and started to trip over my own feet as I fell/slid into home and cut up my leg pretty bad...I have NEVER been so out of shape I couldn't play softball!! Then earlier this week I had a friend at work pass out from low blood sugar because he has diabetes...he came extremely close to actually dying. No one in my family has ever had diabetes but I know that I will be the first if I don't get healthy now. All of these things truly opened my eyes to what I have let myself become. I am not super religious but I do believe in God and I do believe that God had all these things happen so close together as if it were a sign saying, "HEY, if you want to see your daughter grow up and get married and see some grand children...you need to get your **** together NOW!" So I will not fail. I will not let down my daughter. I will not let down my wife. I will not let down my family. I will not let down my friends. I will not let down myself! Time to pull it together and change FOR GOOD! Thanks for listening.

Replies

• trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    Goodluck!! You can do it and you came to the right place for support and motivation! :)
  • vartanfan71
    vartanfan71 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can do all things thru God!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    You've got the right attitude and you've come to the right place, good luck
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your mind is in the right place. Congrats on your determination to change. you have come to the right place!
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    He gave you the signs and he is walking the path with you . We all are with you !
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making a decision to better your health and quality of life and welcome to MFP! Lots of motivation and help on here. You can do this and in a couple of months you'll look back on that turning point with gratefulness. :)
  • Tic_Tac_Toe
    Tic_Tac_Toe Posts: 33
    Options
    You can do it!! Good Luck :o)
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Good for you! Good luck!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    That's a hell of a wake-up call! Don't ignore it! Welcome to MFP and good luck!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You definitely came to the right place!! :D WELCOME & go get 'em tiger.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the decision to take back control of your health. Welcome aboard. :smile:

You can definitely do this. The most important part is to just keep trying everyday.
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. You have already taken the first step in acknowledging your needs. It won't be easy but it is doable.
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community. I know that there are resources here to help you and your personal motivation will encourage others
    as well.

You've got nothing to lose and your confidence to regain.
  • emcando
    emcando Posts: 48
    Options
    Most of all, I hope you don't let yourself down. You can do it..
    They've all said it... but to echo -- "you came to the right place".
  • KasandraKristine
    KasandraKristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, you can do it! I just played my first softball EVER this week and it's a total workout!
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Sounds like you have amazing motivation to get you going, and MFP friends will definitely KEEP you going. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    He'll be along side you all the way! and MFP friends here to give you lots and lots of encouragement!!!
  • MichelleKit
    MichelleKit Posts: 31
    Options
    You CAN DO it!!!! Good Luck!!!! Best Wishes!!!!!
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If you are commited to this change, then you will not fail!!!! Best wishes!