sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Rotten food
    My dog's food
    Anything my mother-in-law cooks.. (ahhh don't tell her I said that!) :p
  • adorbis
    adorbis Posts: 11
    Options
    P28 White Chocolate Peanut Butter. If I am not careful, one scoop = whole jar.
  • Smash_Dub
    Smash_Dub Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the people on here - no foods are "dangerous", but there are some foods that are dangerous for us to be around personally. Even if I allot a small amount into my daily calorie goal, I WANT THEM ALL and cannot be trusted.

Cookies/pretty much any soft baked goods
    Beer
    Pizza
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Lay's Sour Cream and Onion potato chips
    Cheetos Naturals

Those are the only foods I purposely avoid because I always have self control issues around them. But there are so many foods I love enough to do some serious damage to my weight loss plan.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I only eat pizza on special occasions- mostly because I won't get it if I go out- but I order it at home.
    - And I eat ALL of it. So special occasions.

Can I not eat all of it ? sure- but I won't- so I just don't bother with it unless I've banked the extra calories for it.

Chips and salsa are another one- I didn't typically moderate myself on that. Can- I just won't. So I don't buy them typically.

But normally I'll moderate everything else.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    cheese, chocolate, cookies, pizza, ice cream

at least they used to be 'danger foods' but I have made space for them in my calories so many times that I really can take them or leave them now. Sometimes when I'm planning my day I have enough calories for one of them, and to be honest I just don't even feel like having any of them. I never thought that I would be able to say that and it is only quite recent but its true !

I used to think of them as 'bad', try to avoid them and as a result crave them all the time. I now have them more often than I used too. So often, in fact that they are no longer 'danger' foods. try it !!! it really works.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    My danger foods are any form of sweets. But I still eat them. The only precaution I take (and to me this is a form of self control) is to keep them out of the house. I buy myself a little single serving of whatever I'd like everyday before I go home. :)
  • mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cheese, salty snacks, WINE! As far as how to avoid? Daily struggle. Some days I do, some days I don't. I just try to make the "avoid" days more often :wink:
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Cheese, fries and mayo! When I'm off the wagon that's all I eat :(
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    cookies
    crackers (certain types)
    ice cream bar or novelty

things that are easy to grab and eat are dangerous for me so i usually don't buy them or buy in small quantities.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid "danger" foods. I just don't make them easily available. And when I can't live without them, I eat them. I just try and keep moderation in mind, but sometimes that fails, but it's okay, because it's rare I eat them, so it doesn't really affect me at all, other than satisfying my craving.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    1. Stout
    2. Porter
    3. IPA
  • katiely95
    katiely95 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Pizza- I will sit there and eat 4 slices if I'm left alone.
    Any sweet baked goods- cookies, cake, and pie.
    Chinese Food- The bad take-out kind. Chow mein and orange chicken.

It feels good to get those danger foods out in the open. :p

I completely understand! We have the exact same danger foods!

I would also like to add muffins. Doesn't matter what kind. I could eat a bakers dozen of muffins without batting an eye.
  • BlackRoseSin
    BlackRoseSin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
    Alcohol (Mojitos, Peach Bellinis, Flavoured Vodka and Red Wine are all I drink)
    French. Fries.

I don't drink much, alcohol is expensive ;) Fries, if I make them at home in the oven, are surprisingly good. It's the chocolate that's gonna kill me. For the most part, I've been avoiding it. I'll have my splurge days every so often, though.

I've been turning to non-food sources as rewards. Bath products, art supplies. Frozen yogurt when I must have food. Spending time in the places I like to be most. Stuff like that.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i talk about eating fried chicken a lot. so, i would say it would have to be fried chicken are my top 3. breast, wing & thigh.
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    chocolate
    baked goods
    pasta's
  • ashleyemiller14
    ashleyemiller14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Burgers, french fries and soda. I hate that my office has ice cold Cokes sitting there right next to my packed lunch. So far I've been able to avoid them, but gracious, they sound so good at 2 p.m. when i'm tired.
  • troutrouter
    Options
    Beer.
  • coilygogirlfit
    coilygogirlfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE! Candy! Croissants! The 3 evil Cs...Lol
  • DucklingPrincess
    DucklingPrincess Posts: 36 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Candy
    Any baked sweets (especially cake)
    Ice cream
    Chips
    Diet Soda (not an immediate problem, but I'll cut it out eventually.)
    Swiss Cake Rolls...
    Cheese used to be a problem, but I'm getting better about that
    Bread...

Sweets are a definite problem. I live with my family, so I can't keep them out of the house completely. Luckily, my Dad is also on a diet, so all of the bad things are kept locked away from us. Maybe eventually we'll get Mom to join us and then keeping everything out of the house will be much easier.

Whenever something isn't locked away, I'll allow myself some if my calories allow it. I'm going to get some Swiss Cake Rolls later and I'm excited. ovo