Meal plan you have had success with?

Options
Hello, everyone!

I was curious what kind of meal plan you have had success with gaining muscle mass the most. I'm 6'2 and 210lbs.

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Eating all the things :)

(Making sure to hit macros (and attempt micros) but that's the boring bit)
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The Sea Food diet.

Oops, I meant the See Food diet (see food eat food)

No srsly, the one where I ate .8g protein per lb of weight, added 250 cals per day (500 for men)over a carefully worked out maintenance and lifted heavy 3x per week. It was the meticulousness that did it!

I also believe in nutrition partitioning but that's a whole other story and it's because I train for triathlon.
  • Timbur_Wolf
    Timbur_Wolf Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The Sea Food diet.

Oops, I meant the See Food diet (see food eat food)

No srsly, the one where I ate .8g protein per lb of weight, added 250 cals per day (500 for men)over a carefully worked out maintenance and lifted heavy 3x per week. It was the meticulousness that did it!

I also believe in nutrition partitioning but that's a whole other story and it's because I train for triathlon.

So you mean 500 calories on top of what this app suggests for me already (It's about 3000)?
    I am now going by what you and others suggested in a previous thread and sticking with the .8 per pound of weight.

Also I'm correctly doing a micro cycle program where each week I bump up weight and lower the reps, do you think that will yield better results or should I always be lifting heavy with low reps?

• Timbur_Wolf
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »

Lately I've been going over my marcos by a lot (probably not a good thing lol). Guess I was looking for what others have been eating and see what they suggested.

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's worth finding out what your total daily calorie requirements are by picking a number and weighing yourself every day and averaging out every 7, for a few weeks.

That would be your maintenance figure. Then add 500.

OR add 500 now and see if you put on a pound a week or not, then you know you're right.

All I know about lifting is heavy, short sets, and progressively heavier. I try and go to failure at some point during the last set, unless it's unsafe form wise. I use Strong Curves, Fit For Life, new rules of lifting for women, but people use starting strength and lots of other programmes. I personally adapt things to suit a more feminine look.

Please wait for expert advice re what you should do there.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

Lately I've been going over my marcos by a lot (probably not a good thing lol). Guess I was looking for what others have been eating and see what they suggested.

If I go over protein or fat macros, I don't really care - I have set what I want for minimums.

IMO it's pretty easy to get what your body needs while bulking without paying too much attention (as a male, you'll have even more calories to play with so easier still).

Now cutting, that's a pain in the *kitten* and I'm having to try to 'clean' things up a bit just so I have enough volume of food. I try to be a bit stricter with the macros while cutting too.

You've got it easy - get the calories in and the workouts done and you'll be sorted.
  • Timbur_Wolf
    Options
    It's worth finding out what your total daily calorie requirements are by picking a number and weighing yourself every day and averaging out every 7, for a few weeks.

That would be your maintenance figure. Then add 500.

OR add 500 now and see if you put on a pound a week or not, then you know you're right.

All I know about lifting is heavy, short sets, and progressively heavier. I try and go to failure at some point during the last set, unless it's unsafe form wise. I use Strong Curves, Fit For Life, new rules of lifting for women, but people use starting strength and lots of other programmes. I personally adapt things to suit a more feminine look.

Please wait for expert advice re what you should do there.

Ah okay, I'll stick with adding 500 and see how that works out for me. I appreciate the input!

Yeah, the program I'm currently doing involves the rest-pause technique. Seems to work well. I might just stick with heavy weights/low reps but, also incorporate rest-pause as well.

Thanks again for the info :)

• Timbur_Wolf
    Options

If I go over protein or fat macros, I don't really care - I have set what I want for minimums.

IMO it's pretty easy to get what your body needs while bulking without paying too much attention (as a male, you'll have even more calories to play with so easier still).

Now cutting, that's a pain in the *kitten* and I'm having to try to 'clean' things up a bit just so I have enough volume of food. I try to be a bit stricter with the macros while cutting too.

You've got it easy - get the calories in and the workouts done and you'll be sorted.

Oh yeah, cutting is a definitely a pain. Been there before lol, I can't say that I enjoyed it much (the results were nice though!). Thank you, I'll stick to it then :)