Small meal with high calories?

Options
I just started to run (treadmill) since 3/9/2015 (Monday) and I lost 5 Pounds. I know most of it should be water weight, I have started eating smaller meals too, but i sort of want to know which smaller meals pack the most calories, I need to balance my diet to properly fuel my body. I also need to find a small source or protein.

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Quinoa salad with boiled eggs is very calorie dense. Especially if you add an oil dressing or nuts.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Wrong forum Try GENERAL DIET & WEIGHT LOSS HELP for a more robust response
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Bagel with avocado hard boiled egg and smoked salmon mmm
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Carbonara - side plate with garlic bread is 1600 when I make it.
  • pjs2780
    pjs2780 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER EVERYTHING
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    peanut butter or ice cream. I like adding either of those in my smoothies if I need more calories
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Why is it that you want to eat smaller meals? Regardless of how large or small, it's the calories and macronutrients you get from that meal that really matters and the size of the meal itself matters little. You can have smaller meals but you have to make sure they are pretty dense to stay with you for a longer period of time or just eat regular size portions.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Why is it that you want to eat smaller meals? Regardless of how large or small, it's the calories and macronutrients you get from that meal that really matters and the size of the meal itself matters little. You can have smaller meals but you have to make sure they are pretty dense to stay with you for a longer period of time or just eat regular size portions.

Pretty sure that's what the OPs asking for suggestions of.

• nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Avacado and bacon and nut butter
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yep, peanut butter. Use that olive oil and butter. Avocado, bacon, sauces. Have a couple ounces of cheese in your salad, with walnuts and cranberries or beans/rotini noodles, meat, and a dressing. Oh man...it is not hard for me to think of how to make something high calorie ha. No wonder I was fat.
  • tommyhx
    tommyhx Posts: 16
    Options
    its all legit