Anyone wanting to gain?!

Hello!

I know the majority of people on this site are looking to lose some weight, but I'm trying to do the opposite! I started using the site under a different username in December 2013 in order to shift the "love chub" I put on after meeting my ex-partner. This proved very successful- in fact, a little TOO successful, as I became slightly obsessed with sticking to a low calorie goal and ended up becoming underweight for my height and build!
So now I'm looking to gain some pounds in a healthy way. I've suffered with binge eating in the past, so I'm wary of using junk food in order to put on some weight, as I worry I'll just end up with another issue! I am allowing myself to have one or two days a week where I do eat more junky type foods and go over my calorie goal (set to gain 1/2 pound per week, which doesn't seem too scary!), as I don't eat back exercise calories so have a bit of leeway on those days.
Is anyone else in a similar position? Would love to have people to chat to who are in a similar boat, just to share ideas and progress :smile:
Hope you're all having a lovely day!

Replies

• AarghTony
    AarghTony Posts: 8 Member
    This is me! My wife and I are on here, she's losing and I'm trying to gain weight. It's been slow-going so far, but feel free to add me.
  • iinlane
    iinlane Posts: 2 Member
    Gaining weight seems to be way more difficult than losing it. Never thought I'll have to sit up late trying to squeeze in those last 1000 calories.
  • hansok88
    hansok88 Posts: 11
    KjstAsk wrote: »
    This is me! My wife and I are on here, she's losing and I'm trying to gain weight. It's been slow-going so far, but feel free to add me.

Hi! Sounds like you have the same problem as me- started out trying to lose some, then went a bit too far in that direction! I think it's difficult to get your head around eating more when you've been so focused on losing weight for so long. It's got to be done though!
  • hansok88
    hansok88 Posts: 11
    iinlane wrote: »
    Gaining weight seems to be way more difficult than losing it. Never thought I'll have to sit up late trying to squeeze in those last 1000 calories.

Hi! I know it is hard, it's difficult to change your mind set and I have a whole world of issues with food and weight so I do struggle at times!
    And it is hard to eat more when you're already feeling full to the brim, I've seen a lot of people have recommended drinking calories (milkshakes etc.) so maybe that's one idea?
  • AarghTony
    AarghTony Posts: 8 Member
    Yep, I just got a bunch of Ensure and was told best time to drink is after lifting, to help muscle repair/growth...