Had Weight loss surgery, taking questions

Options
Had a gastric sleeve 4 months ago, lost over 40 lbs, taking questions

Replies

• cskone38
    cskone38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    How does day to day life feel aftwerwards?
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    How was the pain? Was it worth it?
  • Solkre2
    Solkre2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are you concerned with having to deal with the eating limitations for the rest of your life, after the weight loss is done?
  • jkramsey42
    jkramsey42 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fellow WLS person, high-five to you! I lost 145lb, sounds like you're making fabulous progress!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I also had surgery. It honestly varies. I had zero pain. I was walking in recovery. It felt like I had done a vigorous workout the day before. I was sore but not in pain of any sort. I didn't need pain meds one single time while I was in the hospital. Best yet it helped put a few chronic conditions I had into remission which made it easier to stay on track with eating right and working out.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My mom got it done and has had issues with really bad like "gas bubble" feeling pains. Any tips on how to help her get rid of/deal with them?
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    What kind of diet do they put you on pre and post surgery?
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    milaxx wrote: »
    I also had surgery. It honestly varies. I had zero pain. I was walking in recovery. It felt like I had done a vigorous workout the day before. I was sore but not in pain of any sort. I didn't need pain meds one single time while I was in the hospital. Best yet it helped put a few chronic conditions I had into remission which made it easier to stay on track with eating right and working out.

Thank you. I am at the beginning stage of the process and I am very nervous. I had my gallbladder out and had no issues. I am hoping this is somewhat similar!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    My mom got it done and has had issues with really bad like "gas bubble" feeling pains. Any tips on how to help her get rid of/deal with them?

Digestive enzymes.
  • jj176
    jj176 Posts: 15
    Options
    I usually get gas if i wait to long b4 i eat, eat on time and get no gas

• jj176
    Options
    cskone38 wrote: »
    How does day to day life feel aftwerwards?
    I still love food, i try my best to make healthier good choices and day to day life is great, especially seeing the pound fall off
  • jj176
    Options
    Pain is relative, i had a c-section b4 and that was worst than the surgery, it wasnt that bad
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I had my bypass this past June and other than the first couple weeks, no pain.

I also have very few problems. I eat slowly and when I am full, stop.

Do you have any food intolerances? The only food I have a lot of trouble digesting is soft breads.
  • jj176
    Options
    Solkre2 wrote: »
    Are you concerned with having to deal with the eating limitations for the rest of your life, after the weight loss is done?

Yes because the limitations keep u at the size u want, plus it doesn't feel like a limitation, i eat, when im full, i stop
  • jj176
    Options
    jkramsey42 wrote: »
    Fellow WLS person, high-five to you! I lost 145lb, sounds like you're making fabulous progress!

Thanks
  • jj176
    Options
    jkramsey42 wrote: »

Thanks
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Congrats! I had my bypass this past June and other than the first couple weeks, no pain.

I also have very few problems. I eat slowly and when I am full, stop.

Do you have any food intolerances? The only food I have a lot of trouble digesting is soft breads.

That was one thing i never experienced, i still love all the foods i loved previous to the surgery, the only thing is i get gas if i don't eat on time
  • jj176
    Options
    KrysKiss87 wrote: »
    What kind of diet do they put you on pre and post surgery?

I think they put u on a liquid diet pre surgery, my dr said i didnt have to. But after surgery u had to do puréed foods and protein shakes for 6 weeks
  • jj176
    Options
    jj176 wrote: »

No because the limitations keep u at the size u want, plus it doesn't feel like a limitation, i eat, when im full, i stop

• teaclinton
    teaclinton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Had a gastric sleeve 4 months ago, lost over 40 lbs, taking questions

No because the limitations keep u at the size u want, plus it doesn't feel like a limitation, i eat, when im full, i stop

• redoakcircus
    Options
    Is your ticker correct? Do you have 60 lbs to lose in total?