Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    The only danger food is one that you are allergic to
  • Jessiesgirl57
    Options
    I call them my "red light" foods, because once I get started eating them I don't know when to stop. Candy (like licorice, jelly beans, m&m's)
    Crackers
    Cookies
  • ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1. Pizza - dominos delivers in 20 minutes and the stuffed crust is too nice to leave out
    2. Crisps - walkers prawn cocktail and cheese onion to be exact
    3. Wine/alcohol - I dread to think of the calories consumed on a night out
  • Rawlybabe
    Rawlybabe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies everyone!!! I need to learn to satisfy my cravings without eating too much of my favourite foods!!! SOOOOOOOO HARD!!!
  • mvexplorer
    mvexplorer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1. PIZZA!
    2. French fries
    3. Beer/wine

I try to limit these things to when I am out of the house and have social accountability to not eat a whole pizza or/and a large fries. I do struggle with all of them though, so as much as you can't rule out anything forever, I am trying to cut back a lot right now. If I can't see them, I can't have them.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Chips Ahoy soft cookies
    Great Value cookies and cream ice cream
    Little Caesar's $5 large sausage pizza.

I try to avoid the the crackers and ice cream aisles.....for the pizza, I only get it if I'm really really pissed off cos of work
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I absolutely don't eat pasta. When I go a week or so without it the cravings go away. I don't really crave that or bread anymore. Mine are mint Oreos and tiramisu. I cannot buy these and eat them within my calorie goals. My husband is a truck driver so I eat some and send the rest with him on the road so it's not in the house anymore. Moderation is great if you can do it but I've tried keeping those in the house and eating a few cookies a day, doesn't work for me.
  • Rawlybabe
    Options
    Yeah I have the same problem!!! I try not to buy chocolate anymore as I just eat it all!!!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Pasta's, alcohol, and soda
  • Rawlybabe
    Options
    I try to avoid the the crackers and ice cream aisles.....for the pizza, I only get it if I'm really really pissed off cos of work[/quote]

OMG I eat too much after a bad day at work!!! Stress is my trigger!!!
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Sweets
    Tater Chips
    Ice Cream

Of course my mom and I have this Sunday thing where we go and get an ice cream. Seriously. Then I have to indulge.

The tater chips...I've actually been avoiding them. Except last week. I had it bad last week. My mom and I ordered that new pizza from Little Caesar's and she bought a bag of Lays tater chips.

The sweets. I only eat them when get my food box(every 2 months). I get my commodities around that time and of course I get some delightful sweets with it.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Takeaway pizza, banoffee pie, and good beer.

Even reading that sentence makes me hungry.
  • ShanitaMarie85
    ShanitaMarie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, chips and wings oh and fries! I just don't bring them in the house
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda with the other people who don't view foods as "danger" foods. I understand where you're coming from though. I can't trust myself to moderate oreos yet, so I don't buy them. Same thing with other kinds of baked goods. However, the first thought I had when reading the title of this thread was this:

giphy.gif
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I label a food like that, and it becomes a problem. By declaring all food lovely and nutritious, I take away a food's power to dominate me.

6037324141_519c047e86.jpg
  • lala_deee
    lala_deee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1. Pasta
    2. Chocolate
    3. Soda
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Home made bread. Still warm, With butter and Molasses especially
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't believe in dangerous foods. I do, however, believe in dangerous quantities.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I only have a couple, as I'm good about moderating everything else and can easily "bank" weekly calories for any other splurge/indulgence in a nice, but appropriate portion:

The NEVER list:

Ruffles w/ French onion dip ----never, ever, never, never can I have these in my home. I will eat an entire bag plus the entire container of dip (with a spoon if I run out of chips, lol). Any other chips/crisps and dip, eh, I can have one weighed portion and be satisfied, or pass on them as I wish.

Fresh, hot Krispy Kreme donuts--it's a good thing there's no longer a shop in our town. Zero restraint for the hot off the line ones. Any other donut in the world, I can easily turn down, as I'm not a sweet tooth otherwise. But these, oh man, I wanna marry them and have their babies <3