Yoga Lovers UNITE!

Options
I know there are other yoga feeds throughout the threads - but I thought I would start this one for ALL Yoga lovers! If you do any kind of yoga...chime in here!

Also a nice way to find those interested in yoga to send friends requests to! So...if you are game...let us know!

Any/all yoga chatter here!

Namaste!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I LOVE yoga...especially hot yoga :-)
  • innerspiraling
    innerspiraling Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am an Anusara practitioner - love my yoga!

I am just getting started in MFP and am trying to figure out how to balance yoga time with workout time, in a very busy schedule.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    yoga lover here:)
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ashtanga fan here. :)
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I've just recently started practicing in the past month and I'm in love already. It's really been helping me physically as well as mentally, can't really imagine my life without it now.
  • Gabby215
    Gabby215 Posts: 69
    Options
    I love Ashtanga but I REALLY love Bikram. I practice twice a week at the moment and always feel amazing after class. I find myself really using what I have learned in my practice in everyday life, especially the breathing. The friend who introduced me to it said it would change my life - and she was right!
  • alyciaengel
    alyciaengel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love yoga on the beach... alas, I can not find it near my beach. Maybe I should start my own, I'm sure others would join. ॐ
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love yoga, been doing it for 26 years and proud of it.
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Me, too! I do a mix of Kundalini and Vinyasa. Keeps me sane...
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love yoga on the beach... alas, I can not find it near my beach. Maybe I should start my own, I'm sure others would join. ॐ

yoga on the beach sounds amazing...I am going to check out a candlelight yoga class i found :) doing a lot of sivananda lately :)
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm still very much a beginner, but I am taking classes as often as I can at a local studio. I'm really enjoying my intro to ashtanga class! It's the same, but a little slower pace for us newbs.

Namaste!
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    Oh, have any of you done the anti gravity classes? That looks wonderful!
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i'm all about yoga. just got a new Manduka mat yesterday! so far i LOVE it. well, all except that "new mat" smell :sick:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Iyengar yogini here - though I dabble in Anusara at times.
  • emfoley2
    emfoley2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm still kind of a noob, but I've been doing Hatha/Vinyasa classes 3 days a week since New Years, and loving what it does for me.

How many of you work out with yoga alone, and how many are combining it with other forms of cardio or strength training? I'm 52, not terribly athletic by nature, and trying to put together a fitness plan I can maintain long term - suggestions welcome.
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    I'm going lots of other stuff right now. I'm doing C25K, starting the 30 day shred tomorrow, and doing other activities as I can fit them in - usually twice weekly. My random stuff are biking, zumba, hooping, pilates.

I will slow down a little once I reach my weight goal, but yoga will stay with me for a very long time, I think.
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Is Yoga something I would be able to do not being able to move my hips very well. Intense Strenuous exercise is a no go for me until about 5/6 months time. Will Yoga help me lose weight if I can do a little bit?
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    Phoenix, you might want to look at a restorative yoga class first. That way your instructor can help you and make sure you do not cause any injury to your hips.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm still kind of a noob, but I've been doing Hatha/Vinyasa classes 3 days a week since New Years, and loving what it does for me.

How many of you work out with yoga alone, and how many are combining it with other forms of cardio or strength training? I'm 52, not terribly athletic by nature, and trying to put together a fitness plan I can maintain long term - suggestions welcome.

I usually try to combine my yoga with other physical activities I enjoy :) For long term just find something you love, dont be afraid to just try some new things...I kind of switch things up with weather and to keep from getting bored
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I just recently got back into yoga. :) Right now I do it with DVDs but I am dying to get to a yoga studio. I probably won't be able to do that though until after I graduate from grad school.