Double chins.. do they go away? Face pictures anyone?

Options

Replies

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Yes but I warn you there is a period where you will not necessarily look healthy the skin takes longer to bounce back as we age and you may have a period where people think you look sickly. So if you should find yourself at that stage don't get discouraged that stage doesn't last forever.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Rawls65 wrote: »
    Hi, This is my first time posting on the message boards. I joined MFP back in 2012 and lost about 28 pounds. Unfortunately I put most of that weight back on since then. So here I am again. I need to lose 80 pounds to be at my goal weight. I have a double chin that I really want to get rid of. Even when I was thin I had a fuller face than a lot of people do but I didn't have the hanging down part of a double chin. When I lost the almost 30 pounds I didn't really notice much difference in my face. I would love to see before and after pictures of double chins/ faces. ...And , how much did you lose before you started seeing the double chin going away? I will be honest and say, I'm concerned that mine will never go away. Or hoping I will not be left with sagging skin there. I am 49 years old.. I really want to lose the double chin. Pictures would be appreciated!

Every person’s body is different and genetics, age, smoking history and overall health play a part….it can take several months for everything to settle. My weight loss was roughly 200 pounds. I'm happy just to have a neck again (the after photo was taken 2 weeks ago), but I’m only in my 60’s…it might be different for old people. (LOL)

Best wishes.

chin_zpsuimgxhws.jpg
  • josephwelch7739
    josephwelch7739 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yep. They go away,
    1 - 370lbs
    2 - 260 lbs
    3- 230lbs
    surprise I have a chin...

l8tw0rgooiig.jpg
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Mine went away but I was left with a wattle instead. I am hoping the neck skin will tighten up a bit as time goes on.
  • amo314
    amo314 Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Don't have pictures either but it does go away. I have just noticed recently that it's mostly gone. I have lost about 75lbs and have 15-20 to go. I have had a double chin since I don't know when. The problem is that I am now almost 45 and have a little wattle thing going on which I hate. But face/neck cream and hydration help a lot with that.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Mine is gone, but more importantly, I discovered that I have a neck..........who knew?
  • Rawls65
    Rawls65 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow! Great pictures and success stories! Thank you everyone for replying! I would like to reply to each one of you individually but I'm at work and don't have time right now. .....those of you who mentioned the "waddle" ....thsts exactly what I don't want to end up with. I feel it already looks something like that now. I'm hoping it just goes away! :smile:
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    My face is much thinner, I can't rest my face/jaw on my hand for very long anymore or my face/jaw begin to hurt because there's a lot less padding, so-to-speak. It's kind of annoying, but probably a habit I should break anyway.
    I don't have a double chin really anymore, but my jaw line isn't super defined yet, there's still enough fat padding left that the jawline of my profile doesn't look as sharp as it would if I was a lower weight.
    I've lost 83 lbs, am 204 so I still have a lot of weight to lose. I am bottom-heavy, so even at my highest weight I didn't carry a lot of weight from the waist upwards so my face was relatively thin for my weight.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Oh yes...double chins do go away! Unfortunately though for some of us over a 'certain age' lol, they can become turkey wattles.
    Funny thing though about your post- I just read yesterday that the FDA is going to approve a new cosmetic injection that melts the fat in double chins. Really!

http://www.today.com/health/fda-panel-recommends-fat-melting-injections-2D80540779[/quote]

I've always said this is the one area I would actually consider plastic surgery if ever. I too fear the wattle. I'm 44 and have lost 42Lbs so far and can see a difference in my dbl chin area (sorry no pic to share) I have 100 lbs to go and I'm praying it will come off slowly enough that the chin reduces without leftover wabbly bits.
  • mndaln7
    mndaln7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh my this is my biggest concern! I swear if I didnt have it I probably wouldn't try so hard to lose weight. It has been there since I can remember and I have never been particularly overweight, I just have a full face. My goal is to have it gone by the time I have to take my drivers license picture in a month and a half. If it does not go away I am taking the picture like all men do, like a mugshot lol.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Mine did go away. I started to notice my face changing around 40lbs. The first picture take Aug 13 and the current one taken Dec 14eotwacipif4a.jpg
  • TeresaMarie2015
    TeresaMarie2015 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm paranoid about saggy neck etc. - some beauty companies and supplement folks can make money off my purchases of biotin other creams. That said, a little sag is better than multiple chins.
  • lilithx88
    Options
    v9sgx03ybaly.jpg

In June I was 182, as of today (March 11th) I'm 134. Thankfully, it is mostly gone. However I still cover my throat when lying down, by habit. I'm sure age has a lot to do with it, but I have very dry skin so I moisturize daily. I'm thankful I have not seen any sagging of the skin.
    Slow and Steady...

Good luck! <3:)
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and mine is going down but I think I might be left with a small waddle. I still have another 60lbs to lose. I plan to get a facelift as I am vain.
  • booklassy
    booklassy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that middle aged women who lift weights have less neck wattle and sagging in general.
  • LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Someone asked me today if I have lost weight. I said yes and her reply was that she could see it in my face.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does go away! I felt like I had five chins at my highest weight. Now, thankfully, only one!
  • Rawls65
    Options
    Mine did go away. I started to notice my face changing around 40lbs. The first picture take Aug 13 and the current one taken Dec 14eotwacipif4a.jpg

You look great!
  • Rawls65
    Options
    lilithx88 wrote: »
    v9sgx03ybaly.jpg

In June I was 182, as of today (March 11th) I'm 134. Thankfully, it is mostly gone. However I still cover my throat when lying down, by habit. I'm sure age has a lot to do with it, but I have very dry skin so I moisturize daily. I'm thankful I have not seen any sagging of the skin.
    Slow and Steady...

Good luck! <3:)

You too! You look great too! All these before and after pictures! Everyone looks amazing! I will have before and after pictures sometime in the near future :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!