I weighed today for the first time in a year...

Options
2»

Replies

• ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to friend me if you'd like! I love new friends!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I KNOW the feeling! But you can do this! I still have 50-60 to go!
  • kelligonzales
    kelligonzales Posts: 391
    Options
    Losing weight is a state of mind, if you walk into with a bad attitude that is the result your going get. It's not going to be easy, in fact it's going to be long and hard sometime a little stupid. But the MFP peeps are always here to help you through the hard days. You have got to remember that even when it gets tough your are going to push through... Good luck on your journy!
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can SOO relate to your post. About 11 years ago I became completely obsessed with stepping on a scale and weighing myself 2,3,4 times a day! My husband was supportive but finally said..."you need to get rid of that scale, it's not worth it!" I got rid of the scale and joined TOPS where I was still accountable every week but it wasn't all consuming. Over a period of time, I lost 40 lbs. Since then I have put back on 30 of it. I have made the choice to start a healthier lifestyle and get moving again. I can't stand to exercise but seeing that with this program I can eat more if I exercise, is more motivating to keep trying. Last night I re-joined TOPS and stepped on the dreaded scale. I am creating small goals to reach for myself...5 lbs at a time. That way it doesn't seem as daunting of a task. Keep your head up and know that we are all in this together!!
  • modubb
    modubb Posts: 22
    Options
    I am a slug...a chunky slug. :(

That statement is the FIRST thing that needs to change... and obviously by you joining MFP you are well on your way! Welcome! Don't hesitate to ask ANYONE on this site for assistance... seriously, everyone here is GREAT!
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    the first step was admitting you need to lose. the second step was joining MFP! you're on your way. wooooooooohooooooo!! good luck!. we're all here for support! :bigsmile:

Couldn't have said it better! Good luck! and keep your eye on the prize! :flowerforyou:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    All the support you get from this site will make it that much easier...good luck =)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Get it girl! You can do this! :bigsmile:
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I, too, have lots to go....about 80 pounds to be exact. Friend me and we'll support each other :)
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    Being a Mom with a newborn is a tough job.

Support Here from a Dad who remembers !
  • jnnyc
    jnnyc Posts: 25
    Options
    I know the feeling!
    I havent stepped on a scale in so long!! ahh its scary.

You are taking the first step in the right direction :)

Feel free to friend me, I love to give (and get) inspiration :)
  • dwellsouth
    dwellsouth Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was like you till my gynecologist made me get on the darn scale!!! Wah! I was a slug and a carboholic too. Using MFP is fun actually. I started here on 4-1 I believe and my exercise and eating habits have changed dramatically! I actually eat MORE then I did before but I eat real food instead of cereal or cake or pure carbs. It's a game of eating and exercising and staying in the green by the end of the day. And the bonus is losing weight.
    Good luck! If you've birthed a baby, well, then you can do anything you decide to do! :tongue:
  • deegehrs
    deegehrs Posts: 7
    Options
    LOL thanks for the support! Truthfully, the baby in the pic is not mine! My baby is almost 11! I did not gain the weight from pregnancy. I was actually at my adult thinnest for the 5 years after delivery! Doing pretty well so far today tho. They brought inpaizza at my office and I am so full from eating healthy all mornnig that I am not even tempted! I have had tons of friend requests and support already! Thanks! :)