Anyone out there whose in in their 40s...

Options
who checks in every day...who is happy with the process of finding a better lifestyle...who has been there type of deal??

just seeing if they want to be "friends" to motivate and say it's okay to have that medium shamrock shake only if you log it (i did)...

Replies

• slgraha
    slgraha Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Add me. I sure can use some motivation. Eating good, most of the time but I log everything good or bad. I'm having a hard time getting started with exercising.
  • MrsBennefield
    MrsBennefield Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me, too! I log religiously, good or bad. Sometimes I just have what I want and I'm ok with that. Some days I really don't want to exercise or have other obligations that are more important at the time and I'm ok with that, too. I get a little frustrated with people telling me what I shouldn't be eating...I like to eat out, or the exercise I log isn't productive. Hey, at least I'm getting off the couch!
  • amyrandy39
    amyrandy39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am needing some motivation also. I so want to feel comfortable wearing shorts this summer. I will be 42 this year. I am at 149 today and want to be at 135.

• julzwild
    julzwild Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just turned 40. My diary is open to friends and I log it all. The good, the bad and the ugly. I have lost 33 lbs since joining mfp and didn't give up chocolate or cookies. I just watch the daily totals and try my best to stay in range.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm not here to lose weight but log in every day and am 44. You just reminded me I need to go get a Shamrock Shake before they're gone! Feel free to add me if you want. Cheers.
  • Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 looking to loose 60 pounds would like friends who have an open diary and log daily and are supportive and will give advice if they see something in my diary that they see wrong or think can be changed
  • dln1975
    dln1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 in January. I check in every day, have an open diary and am down 35 pounds since November, though I still have quite a ways to go. I don't believe in giving up anything - moderation is key for me (along with portion control)! I also am viewing this as a lifelong commitment. I'm in no rush to get to my goal - this time around, I'm going to enjoy every day and live my life to the fullest (even if I'm not at that "perfect" weight) - I've missed out on too much of my life already! Anyone please feel free to add me! :smile:
  • tallguy45
    tallguy45 Posts: 117
    Options
    I just turned 45 but feel young at heart! I'm not ready to throw in the towel & be what society expects 40 yr old to be. I'm very active with family & life. I'm having too much fun right now. Please add me if you feel the same. I love positive energy & love to encourage others. I'm a good guy like that but also have a fun streak! Good luck to all 40 plus in the next step of a healthier & younger feeling life! :smiley:
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 and was refered to as someones mother the other day. Weeerrrllll >:) 13 years older than her does NOT make me her mother B)
    Anywho. It only fueled my determination to burn all the way through and loose those pounds!
    Add me if you like, I log every day.
    Have a nice day, sun is out B)
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want.
    I'm in maintenance. Lost 30 pounds in 2014. I eat what I want and try to keep it in range. My Diary is open to friends and I log everyday.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm not a motivator / cheerleader type and I don't really do 'friends' but I'm here to wish you all good luck - I'm 47 and have moved from a couch potato, overweight lazybum with a BMI in the obese range (30. something) to losing 50lbs easily over 8 months and loving being a workout freak

I've dropped 20 years, health issues and 3-4 clothes sizes and I feel great

and it's easy once you find your groove

you can do it!

eat at a calorie defecit, don't deny yourself things you love make them fit in your overall diet
    get moving - walking - working out - progressive weight lifting is a revelation and amazing for your body

Good luck all - hope to see you the other side
  • htdavidson88
    htdavidson88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 but keep getting told I look like I'm in my 20's. Sure wish I felt like I was. I have quite a bit I want to lose to be able to keep up with my 6 year old. I just got on MFP and would love to make some new friends!
  • AdelaideNat
    AdelaideNat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 years old, lost 22 lbs, went from couch potato to running 5km to 8km 3 times a week (currently training for a 10km event) and log ALL my food (good and not so good) everyday ! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Abenav2015
    Abenav2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm 43 and just in beginning phase of my weightloss/healthy lifestyle. I log EVERYTHING whether good or bad. It be great to have a circle of motivators. Please add me!!

• serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just turned 45 and still new at this. I've lost 10.6 lbs since Feb. 16th. I log everything & try to exercise 3-4 times a week, my diary is open if anyone wants to check it out & I am open to accepting new friends :smiley:
  • usnotu
    usnotu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    41yo who found fitness last year, trying to lose those pesky last 10 pounds, and yes if I eat something not totally healthy, I will log it, like the Easter cream egg last night!
  • vbird2014
    vbird2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me I'm 43 in summer ..just found zumba and trying to jog ..I log everything I've lost a stone in 8 weeks but now am stuck ...getting bored now and losing the will to carry on need motivication too :#
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Irish girl here, please tell me, what's a Shamrock Shake? It sounds, ummm, interesting
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'm 44; 115 down and 51 to go! I log every day, so feel free to add me.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    43 approaching 44 and I train hard, motivated as heck when my training days are in session - pretty much trained my whole adult life, except for taking 5 years off.

I love this stuff. I love heavy, eating big.