5:2 diet

Recently decided to start the 5:2 diet and wondered if anybody else is doing it? Be great to get other good ideas off people and help me keep motivated!

Replies

• aprilparker181
    aprilparker181 Posts: 8 Member
    Food*
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    I'm doing Leangains instead. I think I'd pig out too much on the 5 and starve on the 2. Good luck though :smile:
  • aprilparker181
    Yeah this is what I'm worried about! Done my second fast day today with calories to spare but evenings is when I love to eat! What is the leangains? Have you been doing it long?
  • Barbs2222
    Leangains is where you eat all your calories during a short window of time. I eat from 4:00 pm until 10:00 pm. But it could be whatever time you chose. 1200 to 1300 calories is my limit. I started maybe 3 weeks ago, I'm not sure, but I love it. I've never been happier while restricting calories. I sleep better too, because I'm full at night. I only get hungry from 1 or 2 until 4. But I used to be hungry 24/7 so this is way easier for me.
  • Barbs2222
    I like this guys website: http://www.leangains.com/
  • aprilparker181
    Yeah that sounds controlled and great that it has worked so well for you!
  • I'm starting the 5:2 next week , thought it worth a shot to lose my last 15/16lbs . Add me and we can support each other . My fast days will be Monday's and Wednesday's . Xx
  • aprilparker181
    Hello, yeah same I have 10pound to lose but may be more once I get into the swing of things! Definitely will add you- my fast days are Mondays and Wednesdays too! How are you feeling about it?! X
  • doccnm
    doccnm Posts: 21 Member
    Me too. I am working on a very resistant 5 lbs and have decided to try 5:2
  • nojretlas
    nojretlas Posts: 2 Member
    In my opinion just get your normal diet in order an lose the "quick" fix stuff.....soon after you complete you goal you probably will gain it back...good luck though!
  • aprilparker181
    I shall look forward to seeing all of your results
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Hi. Just a couple of hours left of my first fast day. Have added you guys as it'd be good to have some friends doing the same thing.
  • aprilparker181
    Hope you found the first day comfortable! There's really good meals plans for it on google x
  • captainsuperpants
    captainsuperpants Posts: 64 Member
    I'm thinking about trying it too but i'm worried it's bad for you? I was inspired by a great little book of 5:2 vegetarian recipes that i figured would still be good even if 5:2 isn't doable. Feel free to add me. I think my fast days will also be monday and wednesday
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    I usually fast Tuesdays and Thursdays. But the beauty of it is that if I have something on, I can change the day to another one. Here is a link to the 5:2 group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting
  • mercadezporcha
    mercadezporcha Posts: 11 Member
    I've just started 5:2 this week so far so good :)
  • Foxgym
    Foxgym Posts: 59 Member
    Watch the original documentary http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvdbtt_eat-fast-live-longer-hd_shortfilmsit will answer all your questions, also go to the MFP 5:2 group that is listed in the community page. 5:2 is in my opinion brilliant, I have never felt better or been healthier, but IT WAS NEVER intended to be a crash diet, Dr Mosely started his journey seeking a cure for his 'developing diabetes' he was skinny fat. Good luck :)