Foods to eat to trim belly fat?

Options
heartpie
heartpie Posts: 24 Member
Hi everyone,

Is there any way to quickly reduce my belly fat? Any miracle food?

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    be ready for a storm of responses....calories in, calories out is the only way to go. BUT I have heard over the years that cutting out sugar is one food that helps. what a surprise, eating less sugar will also greatly reduce your calories! :-)

• never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yes and if you will just provide your cc# I will be happy to tell you! ;)

In all honesty no. There is no magic food!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

No foods target belly fat. No exercises target belly fat. Belly fat is just like all the rest of your body fat and your genetics will decide for you where it comes off.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Miracle food?? no such thing.

You can't spot reduce fat.
    All you can do is eat a caloric deficit - meet your macros and micros - and lose overall body fat.

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    be ready for a storm of responses....calories in, calories out is the only way to go. BUT I have heard over the years that cutting out sugar is one food that helps. what a surprise, eating less sugar will also greatly reduce your calories! :-)

OHHHSSS NOESSS sugar is da Debil......
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    suruda wrote: »

So, it is calories?
  • jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I wish, it's the last place on my body that is letting go of the fat. It's coming off, but slowly. There is a food that will trim belly fat - everything - just less of it then you burn in a day!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    A high carb (80%), low fat (10%), low protein (10%) vegan diet will help! ;)
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Trollololololololllllll! *cue the gluten-free mom responses*
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »

This diet will target the belly area?
  • usmcmp
    Options

10% protein? That's enough to spare muscles? On the average person?
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

About as well as any other diet.....
  • berz82
    berz82 Posts: 100 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    a fry up high in protein and fat low in carbs. sausage bacon eggs ans mushrooms cooked in butter. this will keep your blood sugar levels low.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

More that enough. But please do your own research - I switched from full blown 'omnivore' to a Vegan diet last October & I haven't looked back since. Loads of energy, no more 'feeling sluggish' etc.

It's working for me anyway ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you whatever you want hear for $19.99.

If you want the truth though, nope.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • usmcmp
    edited March 2015
    Options

More that enough. But please do your own research - I switched from full blown 'omnivore' to a Vegan diet last October & I haven't looked back since. Loads of energy, no more 'feeling sluggish' etc.

It's working for me anyway ;)

I've done my own research. 10% is not what the studies say. Feel free to provide some clinical trials you have found that say 10% protein is muscle sparing.

ETA: Freelee the banana girl isn't a source and is not a clinical trial or study.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

probably enough protein to do that in a caloric surplus, not a deficit though
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

About as well as any other diet.....

probably worse than other diets as a larger % of your loss will come from lean muscle then if you get adequate protein.
  • heartpie
    heartpie Posts: 24 Member
    Options

No foods target belly fat. No exercises target belly fat. Belly fat is just like all the rest of your body fat and your genetics will decide for you where it comes off.

thanks for the link usmcmp, I'm already on low calorie diet and strength training, but can't see any actual results....any guess?

• usmcmp
    Options
    heartpie wrote: »

thanks for the link usmcmp, I'm already on low calorie diet and strength training, but can't see any actual results....any guess?

Do you weigh your food? Open your food diary. What are your stats (height, weight, age)? What does your exercise schedule look like in an average week?