PMS hunger!

Options
Anyone else get crazy hungry before your period starts? For the past two days I've been struggling to stay within my calories, and sometimes I plough through the exercise cals too. I'm trying to get in proteins and good fats to stave off the hunger, but I'm fantasising about cookie dough ice cream...

Replies

• jeo33
    jeo33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate to your struggle. I do my best to ignore and overcome it, but it is sooooooo hard :\
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    *sigh* yes. But now you know, so you can plan for next month (and the one after, and so on). I'm going to make sure I have lots of low cal snacky things ready to go so I can graze all day, cos that's actually what I want to do.
  • angier321
    angier321 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I went thru that last week. Just wanted to punch somebody, anybody in the throat! Someway, somehow I did pretty good. I don't know how. Thank god everybody made it out alive!
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Yup. I tend to eat lower calorie, high volume meals during that time (200grams of chicken breast with 250grams of vegetables is a HUGE plate of food for someone dwarf sized like me, and only for 350 calories?!!!) and that tends to leave me some room for grazing.

I also favor tea/coffee when a munch attack hits. They are hot and take a long time to drink, plus for some reason the hot liquid fills me up a little better than just water.
  • Leana088
    Options
    Yup. I tend to eat lower calorie, high volume meals during that time (200grams of chicken breast with 250grams of vegetables is a HUGE plate of food for someone dwarf sized like me, and only for 350 calories?!!!) and that tends to leave me some room for grazing.

I also favor tea/coffee when a munch attack hits. They are hot and take a long time to drink, plus for some reason the hot liquid fills me up a little better than just water.
  • Leana088
    Options
    Sorry double post. Phone app.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Ugh around my period I get this craving to dip literally everything in ranch dressing, its going to be the end of me.
  • Tata66
    Tata66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the same struggle -- I just can stay satisfied and I want everything chocolate and salty/sweet!
  • Leana088
    Options
    Tata66 wrote: »
    I have the same struggle -- I just can stay satisfied and I want everything chocolate and salty/sweet!

I sometimes eat a whole block of chocolate for breakfast during that time. Lol its ridiculous. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Me! Right now! I try to load up on vegetables and lean meat, they are very filling for me and I just eat a bit of whatever I'm craving.
    I'm also about to start slapping some coworkers.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I sometimes eat a whole block of chocolate for breakfast during that time. Lol its ridiculous. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    [/quote]

This sounds amazing

• ameliajane90
    ameliajane90 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I went through this last week. The 'just take it one day at a time' thing really helped. I just kept asking myself what would make me more upset? Being hungry (knowing that its hormones) or backtracking on my hard earned progress? I didn't lose any weight last week, but I also didn't over eat and gain anything either. I call that a win.
  • Leana088
    Options

This sounds amazing

[/quote]

Not very filling though. I try not to do it too often.

But sometimes the cravings win over even satiety, then I would have one day where my entire amount of calories is made up of everything I crave. 1650 calories of only sweets. Would look like this:

Breakfast: 100g Lindt chocolate (550 calories)

Lunch: 1 piece of chocolate iced cake (500 calories)

Dinner: 2 cups of light ice cream (500 calories)

Snack : 1.5 cups of airpopped popcorn. (150 calories.)
  • srrosenbalm
    srrosenbalm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh, the struggle is so real. Usually a few days before my period I just want to eat everything in sight. Chocolate is a really huge craving for me too. I usually end up giving in pretty easily for two days and then try to get back on track. I usually end up having so much junk during those two days that I don't want anymore for a good while after. I know it's probably not the best way to go about it, but it works for me. :)
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    This is so my problem. My eating is out of control. I find myself exercising more so I can eat more!!! lol My stomach is like a bottomless pit. I asked my doctor if there was anything I could do for this and she said NO!!! So i just suffer through it.
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yes! I want to stuff my face with everything! It's a struggle for sure!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Every single month. But it's not even sweets, it's typically complex carbs and fats that I crave. And I've tried eating the things that usually fill me up for low calories... and that doesn't help me one bit... Last time I even went to the store to get ice cream, hoping that a big bowl would help, and it didn't.

Next time I'm just making myself chicken parm with pasta or getting pizza for lunch. Maybe if I eat those high carb/fat dishes earlier in the day, I won't be as miserable and won't end up eating 4500 calories (yup...). But I'm seriously dreading it, it seems it got worse and worse every month.