cleanse day

Options
Not logging today. It's a cleanse day :)

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    What are you cleansing?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't need cleansed. You are fasting, not cleansing. Neither are necessary.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Are you showering or taking a bath all day long? I'm lost.
  • shelleynicole9181
    Options
    I'm on isagenix and we have cleanse days. Drink 4oz of Cleanse for life every 4 hrs and lots of water. No food. It cleans all the toxins out of your body. Isagenix is now my life. I replace 2 meals a day with shakes and one clean meal along with 2 clean snacks a day. From jan. 18th till now I'm down 20 lbs.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm on isagenix and we have cleanse days. Drink 4oz of Cleanse for life every 4 hrs and lots of water. No food. It cleans all the toxins out of your body. Isagenix is now my life. I replace 2 meals a day with shakes and one clean meal along with 2 clean snacks a day. From jan. 18th till now I'm down 20 lbs.

What toxins does it cleanse?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

What toxins? Did they give you a list of toxins or just claim that it cleanse toxins?
  • Azexas
    edited March 2015
    Options

Your body doesn't need a cleanse. Your body already removes toxins. Isagenix is a scam and an overpriced MLM scheme.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/detox_overview.html

http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/detox-diet-scams-and-product-scams-get-called-out-by-real-scientists/

http://www.detox.org/colon-cleanse-scams/

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse#latest
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No food or drink cleans out "toxins" from the body. Internal organs filter out whatever the body doesn't need whether you're eating or not. Also, for anything to become "toxic" in the body would require medical attention and not "cleansing" to fix it. The body DOESN'T make toxins either.
    And while you may be down 20lbs, have you asked yourself 20lbs of what? EVERYONE whether they are dieting or not will lose a degree of water, fat and muscle when calories are reduced. The largest weight loss will come from water initially (usually the first month) and can be 10lbs or more.
    Props to you if you can eat and afford this way for LIFE. If not, then expect weight regain to happen because drinking shakes doesn't teach one how to portion out calories correctly, hence the reason weight regain occurs.
    Point is, you don't need to pay for calorie deficit. It's free.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I cleanse and detox daily.....two or three times daily.....As in I Poop
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Name the toxins. Please.

1262055260350.jpg
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Where's the dude with the Peeps cleanse? I like him.
  • Azexas
    Options

I do love the peep cleanse, but sadly I can only offer you the Cadbury Crème Eggs Cleanse. I'll admit, it's not as fun as the Peep Cleanse.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    60098162.jpg
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options

I started what I think is a sensible plan calculated for me on MFP on January 13, and I've lost almost 17 pounds. No fasting, no cleanse products. I eat.

The only time you need to thoroughly cleanse your system is the day before a colonoscopy, and I can't even imagine going thorough that once a week.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    60098923.jpg
  • Azexas
    Options
    60098923.jpg

The fact that you went and made meme's for the Peep Cleanse makes you one of my favorite people on here :)
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Peeps Pad Thai. Guaranteed to "cleanse" your innards.

img_0570.jpg?w=300&h=200
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options

You rang?

peeps.jpg
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

You rang?

peeps.jpg

They look kinda creepy with their beady little eyes. Like your own personal army of sugar.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    your friends must find u a riot to go to dinner with. just for u to consider.. i lost 10 since feb 17 eating food every day! and i go out to dinner once a week. and also...i poop every day too so im also cleansing. but if u enjoy what your doing continue on! sounds highly sustainable. (p.s. i have tried cleansing. i gained it all back and felt like junk so ya i know its not all its cracked up to be)