Hey All... Looking for some Over 40's

Options
Hey all Looking for some over 40's for support -

I am 48 soon to be 49... about 40 pounds overweight... I have Hashimoto's disease which makes losing REALLY tough but I need to be healthier because my Dad died at 49 with a heart attack and my Mom .. is getting to go through carotid artery surgery... so I NEED to make this change! I am a single mom to 1 very active teen who has me running 4+ nights a week - but she is EXTREMELY active and fit... and I sort of feel like an embarrassment to her :(. So I NEED to do this for Us (Me and Her) and would LOVE some friends to come along on this journey with me! You support me and I will support you!

Thanks so much

Kim

Replies

• MrsElguapo
    MrsElguapo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of one as well. 40 years old. Started running last year-one of the hardest things I EVER did. I would love to support you and would the support too. I will send you a friend request.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 48 and need to lose 30 pounds. I am a wife and mom with 3 kids 24,20,19. I am starting to feel like an old lady and sure do not want to look like one. I want to be able to wear clothes that my daughter wears even if I only try them on in the store. I will send a friend request and we can do this together!!!!
  • LJLair
    LJLair Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I turned 50 last year and it took until February of this year to get up the courage to make the changes. I hired a personal trainer to get me started and it's hard work, but I'm loving the changes! I'm new to this whole discussion board, but would love to give support/have support through this!
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim! I'm 45, married, 3 kids (22, 20, 18). I currently have 44.5 lbs to lose. I have a goal date to reach it, which is my 46th bday in Nov, exactly 35 weeks from today. Let's do this together.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Will a man who is 49.75 years old still applicable? I am a father and on a mission
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    YEAH FRIENDS =) I added you all! Thank you we can all Support each other =)
  • IAmABetterMe
    Options
    MrsElguapo wrote: »
    I am a mom of one as well. 40 years old. Started running last year-one of the hardest things I EVER did. I would love to support you and would the support too. I will send you a friend request.
    Thank you so MUCH

• IAmABetterMe
    Options
    vada44 wrote: »
    Hi I am 48 and need to lose 30 pounds. I am a wife and mom with 3 kids 24,20,19. I am starting to feel like an old lady and sure do not want to look like one. I want to be able to wear clothes that my daughter wears even if I only try them on in the store. I will send a friend request and we can do this together!!!!
    I know what you mean! <3 thank you

• IAmABetterMe
    Options
    LJLair wrote: »
    Hi! I turned 50 last year and it took until February of this year to get up the courage to make the changes. I hired a personal trainer to get me started and it's hard work, but I'm loving the changes! I'm new to this whole discussion board, but would love to give support/have support through this!
    That's impressive! I am looking forward to getting to know you

• IAmABetterMe
    Options
    Hi Kim! I'm 45, married, 3 kids (22, 20, 18). I currently have 44.5 lbs to lose. I have a goal date to reach it, which is my 46th bday in Nov, exactly 35 weeks from today. Let's do this together.
    Thank you so much <3 I look forward to our triumphs cause we are all gonna kick butt!

• modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim! I'm just about to turn 45. I had Grave's disease which is hyperactive thyroid but it was treated with radioactive iodine (20 yrs ago)so now I have no thyroid and fall into the hypo category. Boy do I understand your thyroid struggles. I have two very active teen boys (18 & 15) that thankfully don't struggle with their weight the way I have all my life. I'm down to needing to lose the last 10 lbs after losing 20 two years ago. Its been a loooong plateau lol. I'm into primarily weight lifting and yoga.
  • indyrunning
    indyrunning Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I will be 41...add me! I have a connective tissue disorder called Ehlers-Danlos and I combat it everyday. We are all struggling in our own way! Hang in there! We are here to help each other.
  • IAmABetterMe
    Options
    modmom1 wrote: »
    Hey Kim! I'm just about to turn 45. I had Grave's disease which is hyperactive thyroid but it was treated with radioactive iodine (20 yrs ago)so now I have no thyroid and fall into the hypo category. Boy do I understand your thyroid struggles. I have two very active teen boys (18 & 15) that thankfully don't struggle with their weight the way I have all my life. I'm down to needing to lose the last 10 lbs after losing 20 two years ago. Its been a loooong plateau lol. I'm into primarily weight lifting and yoga.
    Thank You for the add! Question - are you gluten free? Paleo? etc?
  • IAmABetterMe
    Options
    I will be 41...add me! I have a connective tissue disorder called Ehlers-Danlos and I combat it everyday. We are all struggling in our own way! Hang in there! We are here to help each other.
    Awww I'm sorry for your struggle,,, but glad to have you to exchange support with!

• LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 46 with an 11 year old son. Losing 50 pounds and lowering my blood pressure are my goals. While my thyroid is ok my sister has Hashimotos. She is mostly gluten free and takes thyroid meds.
  • acenedict
    Options
    I am 47 as of December (Yikes) I just finished nursing school last May I am a full fledge RN now (Pating myself on the back) while in nursing school as u can imagine the stress level was huge and I am an emotional stress eater and when I travel I have to have something to drink and munch on and I traveled 100 miles round trip daily so it was easy to grab a bag of chips (my husband works for frito lay so they are FREE) and a soda and in December of 2013 I was diagnoised with type two diabetes. When I graduated last may from nursing achool I said "that's it I refuse to be on medication so I literally started out at 247 pounds I am 5'2" I started out walking two miles a day and just kept increasing the distance at one point last summer I was walking 7 miles a day and hold on to hour sears I started running I did my first 5K color run I walked most of it in august and by October I walked the half marathon in our city and I continued to train and I ran my first 5K without stopping or walking I was so proud of myself. I only drink water and eat very healthy. I was down to 183 in November then winter hit and I really didn't get out to exercise we get lots of snow and I just went to the doctor this week and I am back up to 196 bummed me out but weater is so nice I have been out running again I am training for my next 5k which is in two months its called insane infatable 5K I want to be down 30 by then. I will send u a friend request and we will support each other.....You got this rockstar
  • melhughes903
    melhughes903 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm about to slide into home base (50) here in a few months. I would love to be your MFP friend!

Mel-
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    ^Roll Tide. I'm not close to 40, but I saw his avatar so figured I'd come chime in to say that.
  • IAmABetterMe
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!!! Just friend me... I'm so EXICTED
  • hbishara17
    hbishara17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim! I'm a 41yo mother of two boys. I have PCOS so I really struggle to lose weight as well. I'm also recovering from ankle surgery so I'm just now starting to get back into exercise. Just trying to figure out what works for me, looking to drop 40 lbs so I definitely could use all the encouragement and feedback from a similar group of people. I'll friend you, thanks!