Help gaining healthy weight

Options
Hi im 18 & my body looks like a 12 year olds body. People think im 12 and it's really annoying. (Btw I gain weght really easy but i want to gain healthy weight)
My diary is open please can you take a look at it & tell me what I need to change or what I should be eating. My height is 5 ft 0
Please suggest a healthy eating plan & a exercise routine to build muscle that I can do at home
Thanks so much for the help!

Replies

• shawnlee1080
    shawnlee1080 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add on olive oil and nuts for healthy fats.
  • JiveDoc
    JiveDoc Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Definitely second the nuts/oils idea. Trail mix! Avocados! Grilled cheese sandwiches! Ice cream! The sky is the limit. Maybe add one more meal to your day or break it up into two snacks if that seems more manageable. Focus on weights and not so much cardio when you work out, and make sure to eat back your exercise calories. Nourish that growing bod so you don't get osteoporosis when you're my age.
  • desarai94
    desarai94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add on olive oil and nuts for healthy fats.

• FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Learn food and how it effects your body. Look up home workouts on Bodybuilding.com
  • johnsonGA15
    Options
    Hi im 18 & my body looks like a 12 year olds body. People think im 12 and it's really annoying. (Btw I gain weght really easy but i want to gain healthy weight)
    My diary is open please can you take a look at it & tell me what I need to change or what I should be eating. My height is 5 ft 0
    Please suggest a healthy eating plan & a exercise routine to build muscle that I can do at home

As others have mentioned, fats, oils, stuff high in protein. You can add protein powders. As far doing stuff at home, buy some dumbells and lift them fifteen minutes a day, and build from there.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    If you want to gain muscle, no amount of 'healthy' oils nuts and avocados eaten over your maintenance calories will turn into anything but body fat, unless you're doing a proper lifting routine. It's extremely difficult for women to gain muscle and our limit us about a quarter of a pound a week.
    You'll add about the same ratio of fat.
    Work out your daily calorie needs with Scooby's calculator and add 250 extra calories a day.
    Get to the gym and learn to lift. Good books to work from are Strong Curves and New Rules of Lifting For Women.
  • Springfield1970
    Options

As others have mentioned, fats, oils, stuff high in protein. You can add protein powders. As far doing stuff at home, buy some dumbells and lift them fifteen minutes a day, and build from there.

Not a good investment. Better that she looks for a local gym in her college or school.
    You can eat the stuff you mentioned, but if she's still in defecit she will lose weight.
    She needs to address the calorie needs.
    Lift 'Dumbbells'15 minutes per day? You you even know how to build muscle? Why give advice?
  • nadiahappy12
    Options

I have 3kg dumbbells
    & I cant go to the gym
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    why can't you go to the gym?
  • ndj1979
    Options

fats and oils + 15 minute dumbbell workout = muscle gains now????

sorry that is a recipe for disaster
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just want to point out that protein takes awhile to digest and makes you feel full longer. While protein is important bc it helps repair muscles, carbs are more important when trying to gain weight bc they digest quicker, leaving room for the next food
  • nadiahappy12
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

too scared to go on my own & cant really afford to go
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    letsgain01 wrote: »
    I just want to point out that protein takes awhile to digest and makes you feel full longer. While protein is important bc it helps repair muscles, carbs are more important when trying to gain weight bc they digest quicker, leaving room for the next food

You gain weight by being in a calorie excess.
    It doesn't matter what it is, though if you're lifting, adequate protein and carbs are important.
    Leaving room for the next food..... Huh? I get what you're trying to say, but I've got a feeling you don't really understand CICO.
  • Springfield1970
    Options

So it's a maybe that you can go, so you should. What are you scared of?mpeople are really nice at the gym, and they get on with their own thing.

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Check out the Book, you are your own gym, and the program convict conditioning. Good workout routines with limited equipment and contain ways to progress to make exercises get harder as you get stronger.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    You cannot gain weight eating at such a massive deficit. If this is who I think it is, you've heard this before.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

so "won't"

can't and won't are not the same things.

Also- there is nothing inheriently scary about a gym. it's fully of the same people you work with- go to school with and shop around at malls and grocery stores.

Secondly
    there are lots of body weight options- for PROGRESSIVE lifting/loading... but bear in mind- it is a significantly more challenging and disciplined path to take.
    Body by you
    Convict conditioning
    you are your own gym

are three that spring to mind.
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

It doesn't matter what it is, though if you're lifting, adequate protein and carbs are important.
    Leaving room for the next food..... Huh? I get what you're trying to say, but I've got a feeling you don't really understand CICO.

I'm just saying it's easier to reach calories if you involve carbs as a priority bc they digest quickly. I understand the importance of protein but carbs are more important in gaining weight. This is what I gather from these forums and Dr Google. Idk what cico stands for.
  • ndj1979
    Options

scared of what?

• ndj1979
    Options

I read that as you want to get majority of cals from carbs in a bulk...but I could just be assuming that, because that is what I want to read...LOL