What is your weird motivations to lose weight?

Options
duchessmellie
duchessmellie Posts: 9 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Let's hear them!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    For cosplay. I'm sick of hearing 'who fed the Jinx?'

Ok not that weird in the cosplay community but in a general weight loss community it's not usually a common motivation...
  • duchessmellie
    duchessmellie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1. For my nosy aunts to stop asking me if I am pregnant again.
    2. Imagining selling all my clothes that won't fit me anymore.
    3. Taking incredibly long hikes with the kids and husband this summer without holding everyone up.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    1. For my nosy aunts to stop asking me if I am pregnant again.
    2. Imagining selling all my clothes that won't fit me anymore.
    3. Taking incredibly long hikes with the kids and husband this summer without holding everyone up.

I like your number 2! I think abouit that all the time! & how muh fun I'm gonna have buying the new clothes :smiley:

• PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have been fat my entire life. I was a fat kid, who grew into a fat teenager, and now I'm a fat adult. I would like to be able to purchase clothes from the regular size section of a store, as opposed to the 4 square feet or so that is typically given to the "women's" or "plus sized" section. I would like the option to purchase clothing from the higher end boutiques. Most of those stores stop at about a size 14. Not that I would actually buy anything from them at this point, but I would at least like the option.

Also, I would like to take this chance to issue a long delayed but well deserved, big ol' FU to the 'Pretty and Plump" section of the sears catalog that my mom used to order our clothes out of.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Getting cramps when trying to navigate around the mammoth girth to reach and wipe back there when going to the bathroom.

• uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    To empty my over stuffed drawers and closets with the over sized clothes to cover what I don't want to see on my body. My smaller clothes take up much less room.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i gotta get hot for my next husband lolol

(just kidding)

(or am i?)

LOL

i dont think any reason is weird if it motivates you to work towards a better you. In all honesty, ONE of my (many) reasons is because i have a sweet retirement fund - but ill only get it when im old. i cant leave it to anyone else, it goes away into some sort of general fund or... something i dont know. but i want to live long enough to get it and buy that beach house ive been pining after all these years! LOL!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    What makes any of these weird? They all seem normal to me.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    To have more than 1 pair of pants I can wear.
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    For cosplay. I'm sick of hearing 'who fed the Jinx?'

Ok not that weird in the cosplay community but in a general weight loss community it's not usually a common motivation...

Same...I want to go to the comic book convention this year as Lana from Archer or Storm from Xmen I keep wanting to do it but its the type of thing where you have to really look good or else it looks off :( I mean...a chubby storm or Lana? Doesnt look so hot...I'm working on it though!
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I was jealous of my sister's body...Lol
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a game for me more than anything else. I like to push and challenge myself.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My ex and I have a kid together and he has moved back into our area. I hate his guts and don't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing me this big.
  • unlikelyathlete
    unlikelyathlete Posts: 62 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Not weird per se.....I want to feel on the outside like the me I envision on the inside after a hard workout. I want to be the way I feel, all badass and fit and muscular (Grr...I am She-ra!) I am, in reality, a lot softer and less muscular.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I really like my collarbones, losing weight made them more visible.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Preparation for the zombie apocalypse.

Rule #1: Cardio
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    To have more than 1 pair of pants I can wear.

Me too! I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this problem!
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My ex and I have a kid together and he has moved back into our area. I hate his guts and don't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing me this big.

I don't have a kid but I am with you on wanting to show the ex what he is missing ya know? Also, I LOVE the Mean Girls shirt on your profile pic!
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Weird ones...let's see...

1. I want to ride the roller coasters at Cedar Point again (the last time I went I was too big for Millenium Force Q.Q
    2. I want to wear skinny jeans and not have it be ironic.
    3. Never having to hear this pickup line again: "You're pretty good looking, you know...for a "bigger girl".
    4. No more thigh chaffing when I wear a skirt/dress. Oh the pain, oh the agony!~
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    To look good naked... (yeah, not so weird)

...so that I wont feel so self conscious come beach season when I go to my local nude beach. (a bit nontraditional maybe...but true.)