What is your weird motivations to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• brizmonsta
    Options
    Whenever i sit down i feel like jabba the hut
  • sypher187
    sypher187 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    www.muscletalk.co.za
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    ryry2169 wrote: »
    I want to find someone who'd date me - and I think I can pull that off if I wasn't so overweight lololol

Do not feel bad.. My wife is plus sized and I love it! A pretty face with a curvy figure is better than an ugly face on a skinny twig. Take it from a me, a man will not just look at your weight. Your personality and overall demeanor matters so much more. Best of luck to you tracyannk28 :smile:

Thank you for saying this! I wanted to comment on her post but couldn't think of how to word it without it sounding weird / wrong.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I want to find someone who'd date me - and I think I can pull that off if I wasn't so overweight lololol

not sure if you want to lose weight, or if that was your REASON for LOSING weight, but regardless, plenty of GOOD guys dont mind a gal with a few extra pounds. And theyre the ones who are more likely to stay and still be happy if you gain weight.

just sayin ' ... ;)

Your statement makes me sad :(

Don't be sad! I lost 65 pounds and spent $6k on getting my teeth all fixed and still spend the weekends alone wathcing Netflix.

But at least I'm healthier!

Remember: being alone and healthy is WAY better than being with a jerk and stuck and miserable. You have freedom! Enjoy it!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    3 1/2 years ago, I was very fit. Then I was raped. I was drugged pretty badly and so was unable to fight back and was left very sick for a few days. I packed on a lot of weight. Now, I'm fighting back by taking care of myself, by lifting weights, walking, nourishing myself. I'm doing other things, of course, but this part of my healing is me saying he doesn't get to control my life or my body anymore.

I'm so sorry that happened to you :( Good for you for finding ways to heal! Wish there was something else I could say (((((((Hugs)))))))))))
  • MzShelleRenea
    MzShelleRenea Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    3 1/2 years ago, I was very fit. Then I was raped. I was drugged pretty badly and so was unable to fight back and was left very sick for a few days. I packed on a lot of weight. Now, I'm fighting back by taking care of myself, by lifting weights, walking, nourishing myself. I'm doing other things, of course, but this part of my healing is me saying he doesn't get to control my life or my body anymore.

I'm so sorry that happened to you :( Good for you for finding ways to heal! Wish there was something else I could say (((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Thank you!

• jerogers4s
    jerogers4s Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Preparation for the zombie apocalypse.

Rule #1: Cardio

This for sure. Which I why I use the zombie run app.
  • cmseronka
    cmseronka Posts: 14
    Options
    I hate big undies. Honestly I don't care if they have flowers, hearts, or lace, I'm tired of wearing huuuuuuge panties. I want my husband to do laundry one day and not be able to tell whose drawers he is folding. Do these belong to wifey? Daughters? Sons? I'm just saying
  • sugarpeas
    sugarpeas Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I want to buy new clothes! Seems all I buy is work out clothes to keep me motivated... haha
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options

not sure if you want to lose weight, or if that was your REASON for LOSING weight, but regardless, plenty of GOOD guys dont mind a gal with a few extra pounds. And theyre the ones who are more likely to stay and still be happy if you gain weight.

just sayin ' ... ;)

Your statement makes me sad :(

Don't be sad! I lost 65 pounds and spent $6k on getting my teeth all fixed and still spend the weekends alone wathcing Netflix.

But at least I'm healthier!

lol okay then!

envious of the money to get your teeth fixed - i have major dental issues and cant afford to have it done :(

I actually had to finance it, but it's worth it :)
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

I'm so sorry this happened to you :(

But look at you taking control of your life and whatnot! That's just so awesome!

• AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    spend the weekends alone wathcing Netflix.
    Amazon Instant Video over here. . . :smile:

I love Amazon Instant Video! I just finished Season 2 of Vikings and have Season 1 of Turn ready to go.

Yeah - it's that bad....I never go out :(
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Preparation for the zombie apocalypse.

Rule #1: Cardio

YES.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My 20 year reunion is in July. I wasn't fat in high school or at my ten year reunion and I refuse to be at my 20. Plus one of the evil cheerleaders (who I didn't have any comments made by) who obsessively picked on everyone who was even 5 pounds over what she thought they should be is now way overweight and obsessively posts on Facebook how "old age" has caught up with her and how everyone else will be fat at the reunion because it's just how life works....
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I think zombie apocalypse is a very practical reason..not weird at all.
  • duchessmellie
    duchessmellie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    cmseronka wrote: »
    I hate big undies. Honestly I don't care if they have flowers, hearts, or lace, I'm tired of wearing huuuuuuge panties. I want my husband to do laundry one day and not be able to tell whose drawers he is folding. Do these belong to wifey? Daughters? Sons? I'm just saying

I think this is my favorite
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I want to do a chin-up... Losing weight might be cheating, but it will still help...
  • Paperchains38
    Paperchains38 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to annoy people (there are a certain few) who pay a lot of money for slimming world and boot camp type exercises/personal trainers by losing more weight then them in the same time scale by doing it secretly and for a lot less money.
  • emmajulie98765
    emmajulie98765 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a boob job so want to look good with it!
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Running with my dog in agility training/trials.