I keep giving up because I don't know what to eat for dinner

Options
13»

Replies

• Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking my food for a month now and as I see what I eat is high in fat or calories or sodium I generally move it to my "eat once in a while" pile, and I'm finding things that are lower in calories that move into my "generally recognized as enjoyable & tasty"(G.R.E.A.T.).

I'm trying more things because I want variety, and I'm finding that there are lots of veggies & fruits that I can slowly learn to like. I didn't think I'd like edame beans, for example, but they're nice on a plate. Or other items.

I pick up a roasted chicken at the market every so often and just put that in the fridge & then it becomes 4 or 5 meals as I pick it apart.

But I live near a good supermarket with a good choice of vegetables as well as a hot-dinner section where you can pick up a whole roasted chicken for $5.00. I know I could roast the same chicken myself for a little less, but I'm busy & on the way home, and frankly smelling a chicken cooking for an hour would drive me nuts with hunger.

So if I wanted to save a little money I could just pick up a roaster & do it myself. (And, of course, I think I'd have less sodium because they inject those things to make them moister and tastier.)

I note that you appear not to like meats so that might not work for you. You might experiment, then, with salmon - the butcher can generally cut the fillets for you on the spot, or even cut the salmon up into meal-sized chunks. Most butchers are amenable to helping the customer, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

Good luck to you - and my recommendation is to try new foods and slowly incorporate them into your diet.
  • michellewilliams10
    michellewilliams10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A tasty 10-15 min meal that works out at 517 cals.

Empty 400g pack of fresh chicken ( mini fillets r best) into a plastic food bag.( 612cals)
    Add a blue dragon sauce( load of flavours to choose from only 121 cals per pack)
    Seal bag and marinade for 5 mins
    Turn on grill full power & put tin foil on baking tray. Grill chicken till brown both sides.
    In the meantime boil 2x sharwoods egg noodles for 4 minutes (217 cals per portion)

Split 2 ways = 584 calorie meal
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Here's a quick dinner with low calories. It takes a little getting used to the taste of the tortillas but, it's pretty good and pretty filling.

La Tortilla Factory Low Carb High Fiber Tortilla Shell - 80 Calories
    1/2 cup of Bush's Pinto Beans - 80 Calories
    1/4 cup of Kraft Fat Free Cheddar Cheese - 45 Calories
    2 TBPS. of Great Value Fat Free Sour Cream - 25 Calories
    Taco Bell Mild Taco Sauce - 0 calories

Total calories for one burrito - 230 Calories and the shells have 12 grams of fiber, the beans have 5 grams of fiber so it's around 17 grams of fiber for each one.

Place beans, half of the fat free cheddar cheese and some Taco Bell taco sauce in the the center of the burrito and fold over like a burrito. Then top with Taco Bell taco sauce and remaining cheese. Microwave for around 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and top with the fat free sour cream. Eat and enjoy!
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I occasionaly have Wendy's chilli on top of a baked potato with a little sour cream. It is good, filling and low in calorie.