What is your weird motivations to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I want to rock a crop top, shorts, sexy dresses etc . in the summer.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My ex and I have a kid together and he has moved back into our area. I hate his guts and don't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing me this big.

I don't have a kid but I am with you on wanting to show the ex what he is missing ya know? Also, I LOVE the Mean Girls shirt on your profile pic!

My ex is just the worst, and would not think twice about making a rude comment about my weight.

Thank you!
  • samanthabertrand
    samanthabertrand Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    To wear heals with jeans and it look good on me as it does on the fit girls also to get fall pictures done with my family and not have to look at them and think how big I am
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to ride down in the drop part of my bicycle handlebars and not have my belly squeeze all the air out of my lungs.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Not weird per se.....I want to feel on the outside like the me I envision on the inside after a hard workout. I want to be the way I feel, all badass and fit and muscular (Grr...I am She-ra!) I am, in reality, a lot softer and less muscular.

THIS!!!!! I feel sooo badass after an awesome workout! Until I see the mirrored wall on the way out. . . :-(
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    1. to weigh less than my husband
    2. to not feel/sound like I'm dying doing most anything active
    3. I agree with whomever mentioned the chafing
    4. more clothes selection - both regular and belly dancing
  • whavens2w2
    whavens2w2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To go skydiving and not have my fat all squished up weird in pictures from the wind. Lol.
  • tinallen863
    tinallen863 Posts: 50 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love to bicycle and I look awful and feel uncomfortable riding when I'm overweight. If you're a woman and bike ride, you'll know what I mean. :p
  • adryan30
    adryan30 Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with you. I'm tired of having to wear lose close everywhere. And to hv more energy for my kid's.:)
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    I want to rock a crop top, shorts, sexy dresses etc . in the summer.

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I want to find someone who'd date me - and I think I can pull that off if I wasn't so overweight lololol
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Cosplay. I put a ton of work into making the costume pieces look good, now I want to look good IN the costume pieces.
  • Iseulte
    Iseulte Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Chub rub. I hate it.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in August, and while I know I'll still be chubby by then, I don't want to be a gigantic bride next to my 135 pound fiance....
  • MLLeFever
    MLLeFever Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Engaged and I refuse to look like an overstuffed sausage in my suit.... What was an unexpected result was that my hands majorly shrunk between the time I was measured to the time I got proposed to.... I went from a 11.5 to a 9.5...

Also I want to cosplay at comic con... And like someone else said, chubby cosplay doesn't look right most of the time.
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wanna rock a nice two piece Victoria's Secret bathing suit and look good in it! Additionally, I kind of get a kick out of shaming the guys into lifting more weight at the gym. I can't help but smile when they stop to watch me really lift heavy and look jealous. Haha! LOL!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Clothes in general, but that's not weird (if kind of superficial).

More specific/weird, I like vintage clothes and there's a cool vintage shop near me and people were smaller back then.

I love being active and wanted to be more capable and feel better doing the things I loved. (Weird related point: I know a lot about nutrition and triathlon and running and so on because I used to do it before gaining weight and got annoyed feeling super weird when joing in a discussion about running a marathon or some such, which I've done, or even about cooking veggies or green markets or some such and thinking that people were assuming I couldn't know anything about the topic.)

I was getting back in touch with friends from college and avoided meeting up with one who came to town because I was embarrassed about how fat I'd gotten.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    To have more than 1 pair of pants I can wear.

Me too! I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this problem!

I totally had this problem.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I want to wear boots taller than my ankles since we keep getting massive blizzards again. It's 50/50 if I can get my legs down to that, but it will never happen if I don't lose the extra weight.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    So I don't end up as big as my ex's new girlfriend.
  • lemurcat12
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I want to wear boots taller than my ankles since we keep getting massive blizzards again. It's 50/50 if I can get my legs down to that, but it will never happen if I don't lose the extra weight.

Wearing high boots was a huge one for me too. Specifically, I loved my tall boots in high school and was so happy when they came back in style before I realized I couldn't wear them. I was NOT going to let them go away again before I could buy a pair and wear them.