30 day shred

Options

Replies

• stefaniewalters77
    stefaniewalters77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Starting 30 day shred by JM today, who wants to tag along?
    We can add eachother and discuss as well as motivate each other

I just finished the thirty days. Back to switching it up with all my other Jillian videos. It's the only thing I really enjoy doing. Good luck
  • AshaWads
    AshaWads Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need to start this... Got couple of kgs n inches to lose. Anyone can guide where to get the workouts so i can get this in my schedule?? Thanks, new to the forums ...
  • gemma1675
    gemma1675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    AshaWads wrote: »
    I need to start this... Got couple of kgs n inches to lose. Anyone can guide where to get the workouts so i can get this in my schedule?? Thanks, new to the forums ...

You can get them on you tube. Level 1and 2 anyway, I haven't gotten to level 3 ....yet
  • AnishaLikesPizza
    AnishaLikesPizza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing so far? , I've noticed my arms don't get sore as much and I hardly stop , day 5 today B)
  • asbm3278
    asbm3278 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing so far? , I've noticed my arms don't get sore as much and I hardly stop , day 5 today B)
    I am on day 5 as well. My arms are not as sore as they were when I first started but I think tmr I'm going to start switching to a little bit higher weights with some of the arms like for my biceps and chest Flys I think theyre called im going to use 10 lbs. And then im going to start doing the full pushup. Maybe you need to add a bit more weight? Keep up the good work!
  • 5000thAngel
    5000thAngel Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I need some group support otherwise I know I won't keep going!!

If anyone wants to add me and we can message that'd be great. But the group page here with daily blogging and what not is a great idea too. :)

Today was day 2 for me. I've done it before and made it through Lv2 but never completed the full 30 days. I'm sore, but not as much as I expected. My pecs and arms are definitely the most sore! I'm using 3lb weights for most of the exercises but used 5lbs today for flys. I'm going to use 5lbs tomorrow for the bicep curls as well. I want to make it to 5lbs for all of them, but the arterial raises with the side lunge KILLS ME.

As for counting calories: I use a chest heart rate monitor because I have a heart murmur and I need to watch my heart rate during cardio anyway. My monitor says I burn approximately 230 calories during Lvl1 right now (I'm 5'2 and 158lbs), so if that helps anyone. :)
  • asbm3278
    Options
    I need some group support otherwise I know I won't keep going!!

If anyone wants to add me and we can message that'd be great. But the group page here with daily blogging and what not is a great idea too. :)

Today was day 2 for me. I've done it before and made it through Lv2 but never completed the full 30 days. I'm sore, but not as much as I expected. My pecs and arms are definitely the most sore! I'm using 3lb weights for most of the exercises but used 5lbs today for flys. I'm going to use 5lbs tomorrow for the bicep curls as well. I want to make it to 5lbs for all of them, but the arterial raises with the side lunge KILLS ME.

As for counting calories: I use a chest heart rate monitor because I have a heart murmur and I need to watch my heart rate during cardio anyway. My monitor says I burn approximately 230 calories during Lvl1 right now (I'm 5'2 and 158lbs), so if that helps anyone. :)

That's great! Ya I took two days off :/ but im back at it at level 1. Day 6 for me. I tried using 10 lbs weights for the biceps but my form was so bad that I switched back to 5 lbs. But I did us the 10 lbs for the Flys. I also did full pushup for one of the sets so that was an improvement! I know this anterior raises are so hard! I don't know how those girls do it on the vid! Haha
  • trisha671
    trisha671 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm on day 9. Add me :)
  • msurocks1
    Options
    Just finished day 1. Bring it on!!!
  • asbm3278
    Options
    Day 7 today! I find that my endurance has increased a bit and I find myself doing more of the advanced moves now. Just wish I could do those anterior raises with the lateral lunges. That is the hardest move for me! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    day 4 here of level 1. My HRM said I burned 118 calories, but I am doing the beginner's 30day shred. Arms are sore but I was able to do more dips today than yesterday.

I find the push ups and dips the hardest. I have no upper body strength.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and determined to finish the program this time.
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 and love the 30DS this will be my 4th time and finished them all .This is mt favorite workout DVD:)
  • jadior
    Options
    good for you, Welshpoppy! Do you find it makes a difference in how you look and feel?
  • AnishaLikesPizza
    AnishaLikesPizza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome, keep up the amazing workout , I had to have a week off haven't finished level one, it's been so hectic at my house , with so many visitors and then dealing with college and assignments and now exams meh hopefully I continue on Monday
  • jadior
    Options
    Sitting here debating whether or not to take a rest day. I did day 5 level 1 yesterday with no rest in between. I think I'll just do it. I'm anxious to get to level 2. 10 days with the same is getting a bit boring.
  • jadior
    Options
    Just finished day 7, level 1. no rest in between so tomorrow will definately be a rest day. My fear is that if I don't do it every day, I'll never go back, You guys will have to kick my butt Monday am. Hope everyone has a fabulous day
  • jadior
    Options
    how is everyone doing? I'm taking a rest day from the shred today but I am going to do some cardio.
  • 5000thAngel
    5000thAngel Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just did Day 5. I'm a little behind because I ended up taking 3 days off this week. Life got in the way.

I've managed to up my weights to 5lbs for everything except the anterior raises and rows (3lbs for those still) and 8lbs for the fly's (my overall favorite strength exercise). I'm still doing the "easy" pushups, but increasing amount so that's a plus I think.

Does anyone else use a HR monitor? And if so, what does your "burn" say? Mine says I'm burning approximately 230 on Level 1. Now, I do have a heart murmur and my heart rate is higher than normal, so I end up with a pretty high burn rate for most activities, but I'm wondering just how much higher it is in comparison.

Just to compare: My avg HR on this level is 144 but keep in mind my resting HR just sitting here doing nothing is approximately 95-99.

asbm3278 wrote: »
    Day 7 today! I find that my endurance has increased a bit and I find myself doing more of the advanced moves now. Just wish I could do those anterior raises with the lateral lunges. That is the hardest move for me! Keep up the good work everyone!

I complete understand!! I canNOT get those darn anterior raises. I've actually started doing them with just one 3lb weight, both hands holding it. Manage to get most of the way through the exercise. Then when my arms just can't handle it, I just do the lunges for a few reps and start the arms again.

• eddiedakin
    Options
    I'm male but after having a major accident and was quite immobile for a few months I found I needed to rebuild muscles and loose weight as well. Started doing this with my wife along with calorie counting and managed to lose 30 pounds in 2 months. We did levels 1,2&3 and then carried on by doing levels 1&2 on alternate days. Our health and strength has majorly improved and are still continuing the shred every day. Yes it can be a killer to start with but even level 3 gets easier. It works but just takes perseverance.