well lets get personal and discuss bathroom issues !

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    BINGO!!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    You could try Haribo sugar free gummy bears! :D These reviews will give you something to read while you're on the toilet ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears/dp/B008JELLCA

LOL! omg those are hilarious! i've never tried them, but i've seen ads for them. i shall steer clear!!
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Fish oil supplements help as well.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Eat more fruit? That seems to speed things along for many people.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    You could try Haribo sugar free gummy bears! :D These reviews will give you something to read while you're on the toilet ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears/dp/B008JELLCA

well i just looked it up and im afraid they are sold out! dang the musta been good
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    water, fiber, fat and for a lot of people, coffee
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Probiotic?
  • rlwilson1967
    rlwilson1967 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Prunes!!! (I've heard other dried fruits like apricots, etc are also good for this)
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I dont know if they sell Fiber One cereal in Canada, but eat one large bowl before bed and dont leave the house in the morning!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Fiber - I tend to get 15-20g per day. When I do this I poop 2-3 times/day.
    Days I get more than 20 it may be once a day
    If I get 30+ I bind up tight, and it takes a couple days of lower fiber to get it back to normal.

So I do my best to stay under 20g.

• happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Eat an apple, every day. And try to limit bananas.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    prunes i shoulda thought of that! works for grandma lol
  • GWehsling
    GWehsling Posts: 120 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I had this issue and fixed it with a week long course of supermarket brand probiotics. Just one of those little bottles a day made all the difference. Of course, standard disclaimer about how we all different and we all have different diets/bodies/needs etc.

Specifically, this one: http://goo.gl/igcTVW

EDIT: I only did this twice and haven't had that problem since.
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have gastroparesis so I often encounter this problem. Fiber is super hard for me to digest so I know I'm not getting enough. What works for me is one cup of a coffee in the morning, lots of water throughout the day, taking a multivite with digestive support & eating activia once a day. I don't know others experiences with activia but its done wonders for me. I can't be without it. Says it can take 2 weeks for full effect but it helped me in two days.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and make sure you eat plenty of fruits/veggies. Coffee can help too, if you like coffee, exercising too! (ever notice a dog always has to poop as soon as you take him for a walk!?!!)

I've found Metamucil can help keep you regular if you're still having problems or even if things start swinging in the other direction where now you go all the time.
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The reviews on the Haribo sugar free gummy bears are hilarious!! I suggest try them, what's the worst that can happen! lol
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Load up on the three "F"s of colon health: fat, fiber, and fluids. If I get a little backed up, usually a big handful of nuts, especially almonds, takes care of it.
  • Davidc1961
    Davidc1961 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you wanna BE regular, you need to EAT regular. I get 75-100g of fibre from breakfast grains and a plant-based diet. Big, regular, happy, and doing what I can to dodge the colon cancer bullet...

Start with 2 tbsp of chia seeds in your breakfast cereal every morning. Lots of fibre and "good" fats, about 100 cal, and won't change the taste of what you add it to very much. Just let it sit a couple of minutes before eating.

Good luck!
  • eshults89
    eshults89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Grapes and coffee. deadly combo!!! lol.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Beans
    Lentils
    Broccoli
    Dark leafy greens