Your denial and excuses story

Options
124»

Replies

• csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    At your worst, did you see yourself as obese/unfit?
    Nope. I was in denial. I didn't spend a long time in front of the mirror either so I knew... I just didn't acknowledge it.

What were your go to excuses to be that way?
    I didn't really make excuses. I think I just really didn't care.

What popular myths were your go to?
    In my head, I had tried to lose weight before only to gain all the weight back PLUS 30 pounds more so AT LEAST I could say that I tried, right?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I didn't mind being mildly fat. But then my blood sugar went out of control and that was another story altogether besides just the aesthetics of the situation.
  • skinnyEmilijah
    skinnyEmilijah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    At your worst, did you see yourself as obese/unfit?
    Well, I am at my worst right now. "Starting over". And no. I still don't see myself as "obese". My BMI is currently 29.9. At 30, you are considered "obese". I don't know why I can't see it, but I guess I'm "obese" or may as well be.

What were your go to excuses to be that way?
    "I'm tired". "I deserve a treat". "A lot of my family is built this way." "I don't want to starve". "Just this one time." "I look beautiful the way I am." "I'm too busy to lose weight". "I'm pretty healthy, so I don't need to lose weight." "I got to my goal weight before and I didn't feel any different or happier."
    I probably have more, but this is what I can think of.

What popular myths were your go to?
    Slow metabolism: which for me is untrue. I had it tested and I'm about average. A very small bit above average anyway.
    I don't look as big as I am: yes: I do, I just don't know it yet.

Hopefully I can lose the weight for good this time. I'm fighting a really hard mental battle right now and it's good to type this all out. Got to get rid of my fat logic...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I knew I was fat, my 'excuse' was that I could eat what I wanted and maintain my weight, and it seemed better than having to deprive myself. Until I started gaining, then I couldn't deny the truth anymore (although most of the gain was because I had been on steroids for a week).