Anyone out there whose in in their 40s...

Options

Replies

• kjablinskey
    kjablinskey Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just turned 44, took six months to lose 45 pounds (was at 200 lbs, now at 155. 5'6" male). Just hit my one year mark on maintaining that, it's where I'm happy.

Thinking of starting to work on gaining a few pounds of muscle. It's great feeling no embarrassment at all taking my shirt off at the pool or beach and being able to play hockey or soccer with my kids without being winded after five minutes!

I've never developed the love for lifting or running some seem to get, I love the feeling I get the second I'm DONE, but still don't enjoy the actual activity. I'm pretty good about getting 3-4 workouts in a week at least and strive for six (Sunday Funday).

I keep my workouts pretty short, around thirty minutes but I'm highly active at work (construction) so I average 13,000 steps a day. The biggest thing for me was logging everything, good and bad, that really made me aware of how much I was eating before. I was averaging 4-5000 calories a day!! I SHOULD have weighed 300 lbs! Must have a high metabolism because losing it didn't really seem that hard once I reigned in my calories.

It does get to be a lot easier after you get to your goal weight, kind of becomes second nature gauging what proper portions are and how much you should be eating.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I just turned 48 and need to lose 30 more pounds. I am always looking for new friends
  • TiffKouns
    TiffKouns Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I will be 40 in April.... I would love the support and motivation, nervous about turning 40 :wink:
  • RoxanHT
    RoxanHT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm almost 46. I'm trying to get back into using MFP and logging my intake and exercise. I'm an ER RN in a busy ED, so logging stuff isn't a high priority during my shift. Any thoughts? I can always use cheerleaders.
  • michellelhodges123
    michellelhodges123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    48... Anyone can add, log daily..everything from those damned Girl Scout cookies to the wine and drinks when out with friends...( have still managed to stay in my calories:))... my loss is a slow process..meds don't help, but I'm ok with it...it didn't go on slow..and I'm feeling better with the changes have made!
  • spankme726942
    spankme726942 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im turning 43 this month lost 53lbs bit gained it all back love the out door I know how to do it but cant seem to get motivated like I used to be any ideas
  • spankme726942
    spankme726942 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im turning 43 this month lost 53lbs bit gained it all back love the out door I know how to do it but cant seem to get motivated like I used to be any ideas

• my3boys424
    my3boys424 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and at the end of my weight loss journey, then I start to maintain. I've lost over 50 lbs. I've logged every day for over 440 and will continue even after I reach my goal. Send me a friend request!!
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    tallguy45 wrote: »
    I just turned 45 but feel young at heart! I'm not ready to throw in the towel & be what society expects 40 yr old to be. I'm very active with family & life. I'm having too much fun right now. Please add me if you feel the same. I love positive energy & love to encourage others. I'm a good guy like that but also have a fun streak! Good luck to all 40 plus in the next step of a healthier & younger feeling life! :smiley:
    Add me if you would like some extra support!
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options

Feel free to add me if you want some extra support!
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    my3boys424 wrote: »
    I'm 40 and at the end of my weight loss journey, then I start to maintain. I've lost over 50 lbs. I've logged every day for over 440 and will continue even after I reach my goal. Send me a friend request!!

That is really awesome!
  • cajunkittycat997
    Options
    Hi 42 here. I'm always fighting with myself eat good or good for me. Now that I'm over 40 I really need to watch what I eat these days . My body does not act like it did when I was in my 20s. I'm really making better choices today and trying to keep my goals now. Wish yall all the best in your own journey. Never give up and keep pushing forward!
  • momtoaz
    momtoaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    slgraha wrote: »
    Add me. I sure can use some motivation. Eating good, most of the time but I log everything good or bad. I'm having a hard time getting started with exercising.

Oh the exercise part is also getting me. I so want to do it. It's just finding the time. I guess i need to stop making excuses and just do it I also log good bad and ugly. I feel it's the only way to know what is working

• momtoaz
    momtoaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    my3boys424 wrote: »

I worry about maintaining how do you plan to approach it

• kalmquist13
    kalmquist13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am new this and just started logging on. I am serious about losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle. Looking for motivation from others that feel the same. I am 45 and a cancer survivor. The treatment I endured put on 68 extra pounds in 4 months but saved my life...so many steroids associated with the chemo. I am now 7 years NED (no evidence of disease -and was stage 4) and ready to get my life back and stop being a "victim" of that awful disease. I don't want cancer to define who I am. I want my life back. I recently joined a gym and am looking forward to all the motivation I can get. Thanks. :)
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am getting back in the swing of things. Please add me! I need the encouragement and to be held accountable.
    My diary doesn't always look pretty, however I am determined to make this work!
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! i'm 42 and just about ready to begin maintenance. i consistently log and can always use new friends!
  • Kelleylyn
    Kelleylyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Need some motivation also. I will b 42 this year.
  • sla67
    sla67 Posts: 6
    Options
    Add me :) I am 47 and since hitting my 40s I've been struggling so hard. I could use the encouragement. I log everything, good and bad.... I'm new here but I will set my food diary to "friends" -
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I've always been fit. Workout 6 days a week training for 160 road cycle race. Do other things too. Always good to have more friends.