Advocare

Options
2»

Replies

• amsmithatc33
    amsmithatc33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started a clean eating diet in October, I am splitting my nutrition on a 40% protein, 30% carb, 30%fats and have been drinking 10-12 8oz glasses of water /day. I lost about 6 lbs doing this through the end of January. Last month I did the Advocare 24 challenge. I wasn't going to do it, but after seeing my cousin lose 90 lbs in the past year I decided to do it. Last month I lost 15 lbs! I haven't changed my diet in any way other than I am actually eating about 300 calories more than I was before!! In all honesty I haven't had this amount of energy in years! I am thinking about continuing with it as I have also seen my blood pressure drop by 5 points this month! I can't say that it is for everyone, but I know what I am seeing happen with me. I have friends who have followed their diet plan to a tee, and yes they lose more, but I want a slower longer lasting loss. I haven't necessarily "bought in" but I can't discount it either!
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My husband completed the challenge fairly recently and it worked for him, he needed the structure, he lost 20 pounds, and 6 inches on his waist. He has a job with strict weight requirements and while he is good at staying physically "in shape" he has a tendency to eat too much so he can still run/do pushups etc but also carries a lot of extra fat. So far after doing the challenge he has done a good job of continuing at a reasonable pace just by sticking to mostly clean eating and taking a multivitamin.

I did the challenge about 2 years ago and had decent results (6ish pounds, 3 inches on my waist) but nothing beyond what I would have achieved by simply following the food plan and most of the weight was gone in the cleanse phase. I did however become a huge fan of SPARK and started keeping it around for when I start to feel draggy etc.

That being said-I had some health problems last year that caused me to gain about 30 pounds. In December my doctor gave me the all-clear to start trying to lose the eight with diet and exercise, then she recently cleared me to do the challenge which I plan to start next month to help mix things up. Based on my progress so far I should lose 3-5 pounds before I start and am hoping to lose 5-10 during the challenge. I think that it will be interesting to see if the challenge really speeds up my weight loss since I already have pretty decent eating habits in place.

The 24 day challenge is by no means magical, you get out of it what you put in and if you don't keep good habits built during the challenge your results are going to go away just as quickly as they came. The biggest piece of advice I have is to make sure you eat enough and drink the recommended amount of water (1/2 of your body weight in ounces at minimum) throughout the whole thing. Also-the fiber drink is gross, you have to chug it to get it down.

**So that I don't get accused of trolling or advertising-Yes, I am registered as a distributor, but I also have done my research. I just signed up to be a distributor after my husbands challenge because I figure if he's going to keep ordering his multivitamin and protein from them and I'm going to keep ordering SPARK at the very least we would be stupid not to sign up.**