Do you skip workouts if you are not feeling well?

124»

Replies

• monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    no
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    I've had a really bad sore throat this week so I went on a long walk instead of a cardio class today.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Sometimes. But I try not to rest more than two days in a row. If I'm just stuffed up, I will go to the gym and try to do at least strength training. Then I decide if I feel up to cardio. Actually, when I'm congested, sometimes cardio helps (although then I have to keep stopping to blow/wipe my nose). I usually rest 1-2 days a week, so I can usually just rearrange my schedule if I feel I need to rest on a day I had planned to work out. I do worry that I will lose progress in my strength training if I miss too much, so sometimes if I don't feel 100%, I go to the gym and just do weights, no cardio.
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    It depends on how ill I am, if it's just a cold/sniffle I'll do my routine, if it's anything else it's dependent on how ill I feel.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    4leighbee wrote: »
    jt880 wrote: »
    Its mostly allergies for me this week runny nose and itchy eyes. I makes it very difficult for me to concentrate and relax when doing yoga hard to utilize nose breathing too. Cardio I'm constantly having to stop and blow my nose. Its effecting my motivation in a bad way.

Do you have the "good" Sudafed where you are? Dries me up in 15 minutes if I'm congested/sniffly - I feel normal even with the worst cold on that stuff. It's the stuff peeps used to make meth with, though, so you have to go to the pharmacist and sign it out in the States. Easy - but you just have to know that you can still do it.

Oh, the memories this brings back--I was a swimmer in high school and allergic to something in the natatorium (mold? chlorine?) so I always used to take the "good" Sudafed (because that's all we had back then) before practices and meets. Looking back on it now--no wonder I was fast! It's a good thing they didn't drug test us!

With respect to working out when sick--like many others, it depends on how sick I am. Sometimes the endorphins from working out can help you feel a little better!
  • jt880
    jt880 Posts: 163 Member
    Just an update although I felt bad all week I didn't skip a single workout. Saying that my workouts weren't near as intense but i still did them.