Hey! Looking for some motivation & to give some support!

Options
krisytan
krisytan Posts: 3 Member
Hey everyone! I'm about to turn 26 & am going to Hawaii for my birthday in three weeks, I need to get started! I also want to get a head start and train for all the hikes I'll be doing in Arizona in super hot August. I am GOING to lose about 30 pounds to reach my goal weight. About 3 years ago I was running 4-6 miles four times a week but am back to one mile at a time. I'd like to find some friends on here for motivation. While I have some support at home from friends & family I don't believe they are motivated enough for themselves so it's hard for them to support me. I have a lot of fitness knowledge and will be training to be a personal & group fitness trainer starting this summer. I'd love to exchange support & friendship so we can do this together! Also, if anyone is in the Bay Area maybe we can meet up & walk together, and celebrate when we acheive the little goals as well as the big ones. Add me if you'd like, we can never have too much support!

Replies

• minnie22
    minnie22 Posts: 60
    Options
    Welcome, I hope you get all the support you want from here, I'm from the uk but you can add me if you want to.
  • TescherTK
    TescherTK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome and Happy Birthday! One mile at a time is fine. Last August I could barely run 1/4 of a mile and now I run 2 1/2 miles most every day, a mid run once a week (4-6 miles) and a long run once a week (I'm up to 8 miles and I'm trying to stretch it to 10). I also live in the South Bay, so go ahead and add me as a friend and we can run/walk together or just support each other.

Good Luck!
    --Jennifer
  • lizscal
    lizscal Posts: 5
    Options
    We have some of the same background! I had been working out six days a week for four years and had lost 30 pounds. I was in the best shape of my life and then got into a car accident last November. Since then I had not been able to work out until this month and have re-gained about 18 pounds. I do not have the same drive and passion that I had before and I would like to find someone with the same strength training-athletic knowledge as myself to help motivate me. Unfortunately, I live in Maryland or I would definitely walk with you-but maybe we could help each other online!
  • nydragon
    nydragon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi. I"m from NY and I'm trying to lose more than 30 lbs. I'm too embarassed to admit to friends and family that I am this overweight so I cant ask for their motivation at this time. This Shame... its a bad thing. Anyway, glad you're around and good luck!
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me as a friend! there are alot of wonderful people on here.
  • rsiano92
    rsiano92 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hey, im originally from San Francisco, but moved to Denver but me n my fiance are movin back at the end of may to L.A. ill be sure to give you the support and motivation as much as I can :). More friends the better, so feel free to add me.