i like cottage cheese, but not on my thighs .

Options
hello . so like many ladies my thighs are no where near beach babe. ive lost 50lb and they aren't better. i still have about 20-25lb to go. so im wondering... does this improve? does working out help? i work out on a regular bases (including squats) i jog. im hoping this will diminish with more weight loss! input would be much appreciated as i would love to one day wear something besides capris in summer!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    while doing squats? i do strength training and my arms are looking much better! but i don't know many moves for my legs
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It gets better with more fat loss and with building muscle. Keep in mind that cellulite is genetic so you may or may not be able to lose all dimpling no matter how thin you get. But if we're just talking about fat in general, you really do start to notice the changes/improvements more and more as you get closer to your goal.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Thighs are often the first (and last) place that women store fat. So keep up the resistance training and calorie deficit. Eventually you'll lose the fat over your thighs too.
  • Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    yeah just lose more weight, it was like that with my hips :smile: xD
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    while doing squats? i do strength training and my arms are looking much better! but i don't know many moves for my legs

Squats, lunges, hip thrusters, DL's...Look up strong lifts 5 x 5's.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    20-25lbs is a lot. Your body will definitely change. Keep up the strength training. Google squats and lunges. Learn proper form and then don't be afraid to add decent weights!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Weight loss will help a lot, but cellulite is related to the skin just as much as it is to fat, and very thin women can have cellulite too! Take a look at runway photos of models at Fashion Week, which typically aren't photoshopped, and you'll see that a good number of the models don't have perfectly smooth thighs even though they're twig thin.

I've found that dry skin brushing helps to improve the look of cellulite, especially if I do it consistently twice a day. It also helps the skin tighten up if it's loose from weight loss -- it helped me get rid of the loose belly skin overhang after childbirth. Use a natural fiber brush, like the kind they sell as shower brushes, and make your brush strokes go towards your heart, so on your legs you would brush upwards.
  • Lovefastball99
    Lovefastball99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    DL, squats, glute bridge... These have all done wonders for cellulite on my legs. Admittedly, I have never been overweight by anything more than 5 pounds. But I have been "skinny fat". And the orange peel skin began to deminish with heavy weightlifting. I love lifting. Not only does it help with the firmness of my body, but I get to eat more food. Man, life is good.
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Stop bathing in cottage cheese!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    As a pp said, cellulite is genetic, and over 95% of women have it--it's the norm for females. No one thought much about it until the beauty industry decided to make it a "disease." You can diminish its appearance, as pp's have stated, but you can't totally eliminate it. Here's a picture of Scarlett Johanssen (a woman whose body many envy) in a bikini, minus photoshop:

scarjo_zpsa3033261.jpg
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I have degenerative disc disease and might never be able to do the really heavy duty stuff with resistance training and free weights. Can I still make some progress on machines? I know they're not the best, but they're probably the best I'll be able to do.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Like pp have said - its mainly genetic. You can improve the appearance, but will likely never get rid of it completely.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Squats, lunges, hip thrusters, DL's...Look up strong lifts 5 x 5's.

This. I like doing jumping Jacks, High knees, standing back kicks, travelling squats, etc with a resistance loop too.