Japanese cravings

Options
how can I eat Japanese and keep it healthy?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    What do you feel is so inherently unhealthy about Japanese food? I think the Japanese have one of the healthier diets on the planet personally...
  • msmotivator
    msmotivator Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    seriously, i didnt know that. I just thought the rice would be an issue. the veggies and shrimp and chicken are ok.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    If by healthy you mean lower calorie, then avoid the deep fried stuff like tempura. Eat smaller portions of the noodles/rice and more of the veggies and fish/meat/tofu/edamame
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:

Rice isn't unhealthy.
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Sea weed salad! Mmmm I love aged dashi tofu! The most I see with it is high sodium content.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If by healthy you mean lower calorie, then avoid the deep fried stuff like tempura. Eat smaller portions of the noodles/rice and more of the veggies and fish/meat/tofu/edamame

Definitely! You do have to watch the portion size of the delicious rice and noodles. It think steamed rice is something like 150 cal/cup, but how many resturants bring you twice that amount?
    And it easily adds up with nigiri and rolled sushi, I am trying to switch over to sashimi.

• sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Sashimi tends to be my go-to meal when I'm short on protein.