Fat people in your 40s...wanna be my friend?

Hi everyone. I'm 46, fat, and tired of it. Like many of us, my weight has been up and down for all of my adult life. I'm great at losing weight but terrible at keeping it off and need some support. We can help each other! Let's turn 50 healthier and fabulous!

Please add me. :)

Replies

• prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 721 Member
    I am 48 and have 30 pounds to lose . I have a hard time staying motivated especially when I am not meeting my goals. I know what I need to do I just don't do it!!! I will send you a friend request. My new plan is to break this 30 pounds down to mini goals and hope that works!! Good luck and we can do this!!
  • emilycunningham20
    emilycunningham20 Posts: 4 Member
    I am new here. I have brain cancer and have put on a 100 pounds with all the steroids and meds. I started this site with my daughter but she works now so she can't keep up.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    I am 40 (not for long though) and still have about 30 to lose. Add me at your own risk B)

Seriously. I've been doing this 2 years and have made amazing progress, slow but steady. I am firmly in the do what you will stick to camp, and have no problem nor guilt eating all the foods. I lift, do Zumba, yoga, and Spartan's. I am blunt and not a coddler. But I will be honest and call you out when you are BSing yourself. Read my profile, add if you like.

Best of luck to you.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Welcome to MFP, best of luck!
  • 1briannamom
    1briannamom Posts: 16 Member
    I am new here. I have brain cancer and have put on a 100 pounds with all the steroids and meds. I started this site with my daughter but she works now so she can't keep up.

Emily, I also have 100 lb. to lose. Have you found this app helpful?

I weighed about 250 lb. when my daughter was born 20 years ago.

I initially lost 80 lb. about 15 years ago, just through a change of lifestyle (divorce) and better eating (and stress). Running worked well for me, and I got down to 170 lb., but I've not got a runner's body and kept getting injured.

I finally gave up after incurring nagging injuries during my second half-marathon 10 years ago, and the weight has steadily come back.

I was 263 when I started with this app in early February, and have lost 15 lb. so far through better eating. I've now started some cardio and weight lifting at a local gym and am feeling pretty good.

Alie
  • Jenskiski
    Jenskiski Posts: 67 Member
    Thanks all! We'll all make it, slowly but surely.