Running in the Rain

Options
i hate it when the weather is finally nice temp wise, and you plan to get a good run in...then you wake up and it is going to rain all day. Oh well, I guess I will be getting wet today.

Replies

• Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Providing it's a warm rain, and not a torrential downpour or thunderstorm, I love running in the rain. I sweat so much, it doesn't matter much. I come home drenched either way. :disappointed_relieved:
  • coywest462
    coywest462 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is true. I like running with a nice drizzle.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    As long as it is not down-pouring, and is reasonably warm, I love running in the rain. The trails are empty and I just cruise alone. I make sure to wear a crappy pair of running shoes so I don't soak my good ones.

I have been caught out miles from my car in downpouring thunderstorms before as well. That's always fun. (Until hail starts, then not so much fun)
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I love a good rain run, if your are on the roads wear bright clothes and a headlamp.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    The worse the weather, the more I enjoy it.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Providing it's a warm rain, and not a torrential downpour or thunderstorm, I love running in the rain. I sweat so much, it doesn't matter much. I come home drenched either way. :disappointed_relieved:

Agreed.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I enjoy running in the rain, but I need to get a better shirt for it. Last time, I was wearing a cotton t-shirt and it did things to my nipples that I'd rather not discuss.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Nipple chaffage is the worst thing in the world and the hardest to talk about. I do love running in the rain, but just about every other time I do so, I come down with a cold. On a side note: What's Snoop Dogg's favorite type of weather? A drizzle!
  • Grumbers
    Grumbers Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Starting in the rain is horrible but once you get going it makes you feel a bit hardcore!
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    running in the rain if it is light of heavy is my favourite ever
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Running in the rain is my absolute favorite. Most of my PR's have been achieved on rainy days. Enjoy natures free cooling! :)
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling I'll be doing 10 miles in the rain tomorrow morning. What I learned from the last time I did that: use body glide on my feet and bring a towel to sit on in the car.
  • jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love running in the rain. Cold rain, warm rain feels great. I usually just take my shirt off and embrace the awesomeness of it.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I enjoy running in the rain, but I need to get a better shirt for it. Last time, I was wearing a cotton t-shirt and it did things to my nipples that I'd rather not discuss.

ng-prod.jpg
  • glevinso
    Options
    jhall260 wrote: »
    I love running in the rain. Cold rain, warm rain feels great. I usually just take my shirt off and embrace the awesomeness of it.

If I am going out to run in the rain knowingly, I will use either a compression shirt or nipple guards. If I am caught out unexpectedly I just strip the shirt or else blood happens. And I don't mind running shirtless, regardless.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I love running in the rain! We don't get much of it here in Vegas :\
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

ng-prod.jpg

I am intrigued. More so because I must own a product named NipGuard than anything else.
  • glevinso
    Options

ng-prod.jpg

I am intrigued. More so because I must own a product named NipGuard than anything else.

Between products like NipGuard; and DeezNuts and Assos for cycling my drawer of "sports items" has some interesting product names in it :)
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I did a 14.5 mile Spartan Race in 30's temps with rain and hail. Was dressed for 50 degrees like they were calling for. It was not the most fun thing I've ever done....but it was worth it.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

ng-prod.jpg

These things are great. I generally wear them for anything over 3 hours or over 90 minutes if it's raining.

Don't put on body glide before applying them. You need to have a clean dry nipple so put them on before you go out and they won't move. They stay on perfectly even in pouring down rain. I always forget they're even there till I get back home and take a shower.