I wouldn't call it a success story, it's just part one of my journey...

Options

Replies

• happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Definitely a success story! You've lost 100lbs. Fantastic results!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You have lost 100 lbs and you do not consider this a success story? It is amazing! And it shows. Not just on your body, but look at the difference in your face!
  • Gilly139
    Gilly139 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow I agree with everyone,what a difference. I have not put a photo on but started a month ago at 331lb and have just lost 12lb. Have set myself a target of loosing half the weight by june 2017. You are such an inspiration!
  • luvemso
    luvemso Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job and look wonderful. Just keep on pushing through you can and will do it, you have already made huge successes.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I think it is a success story!!! Losing 94 pounds is not easy!!! Believe me I know. I have lost 84 pounds. I too started off at 378 and am currently teetering back and forth between 290 and 292. I think you look phenomenal and will one day reach your goal. I agree with the before and after pictures though because the damn scale is so mean!!! lol.
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I totally agree on getting new workout clothes! You look fantastic!!
    I just bought new exercise clothes this week after a 45 lb loss. The check in clerk at the gym said "you've lost a lot of weight".
    I bought them a little on the tight side as "progress" clothes.
  • luvforever
    luvforever Posts: 502 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. This is one of the things I love about MyFitnessPal, the support! I appreciate everyone who commented on this with words of encouragement.

I want you each to know that your comments touched me and really helped me through a cruddy day. I'm feeling much better and positive today.

As to the comments about clothes... I have gotten some new pants (my pants were falling off so that doesn't work well, especially for the gym), but I've only gotten one new shirt. I figure I'll wait another size or two to invest in more clothes. (And I totally didn't notice it was the same shirt until it was pointed out lol).

Now to get my butt in gear for my next goal. I'd really like to be at my halfway point in 3 months time (another 20 pounds down). Wish me luck :smiley:
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You're comment about always seeing your larger self looking back at you really resonates with me. At my heaviest I was 241, at least that's what I was able to locate in my old journal entry. While I know there are things that I love about myself, physically, I get stuck in looking at all my flaws or what parts of me that are not what or where I want them to be. I've been on a plateau since December, and it's driving me crazy! However, I've been setting fitness goals and challenges for myself as a way to have success and make progress, even if it's not showing on the scale the way I want it to. I have at least 20 more pounds to reach where I want to be, but in the meantime, I'm still working to make good choices...and that's really all we can do, is make good choices and know that in the long run we're doing good things for ourselves. You'll get there (and so will I)! Thanks for sharing!!
  • jessverchio711
    jessverchio711 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are doing absolutely amazing! Congratulations and keep it up! You will reach your goal
  • Widadita
    Widadita Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good job sweetie!! You are doing GREAT!!!!! Never give up!
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderful! Change up your routine some if you've hit a stall.
  • Chloe0602
    Chloe0602 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Holy crap you look awesome!! Def a success story, keep it up!
  • luvforever
    Options
    @BRobertson23 - You look amazing and have done an awesome job!

I LOVE the idea of setting fitness goals to focus on, I really might try that for a few weeks and avoid the scale.
  • kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What you have accomplished so far is nothing short of amazing! You definitely have it in you to go all the way, best wishes :)
  • lmojoallen
    lmojoallen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    THANKS for sharing your story and photos I am carrying around a family snap from Christmas 3 years ago 30 lbs bigger and it's a great if painful reminder. KEEP THE FAITH and definitely revel in the incredible successes you have had so far!!!
  • luvforever
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! The words of encourgement have meant so much. I pushed myself to add some more exercise last week and this week and I'm happy to report that when I stepped on the scale I am now 280.2! Hopefully I'm over the hump for now :smiley:
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well done Audrey!!! You've come a long way and the change is really noticeable. Keep up the great work!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    wow, Audrey, it may not seem like a lot to you, but it really is. You are doing wonderful, it is a slow process, you have to be patient. Just keep doing what you've been doing, it's working. I know it is hard to still want to eat certain things, maybe eat a lot less of them, or look for a healthier version. I was watching some taped Hungry girl food video's for some ideas. Also, the less sugar you have, the less you will crave. Also from everything I've heard, diet sodas just make you crave more sugar and make you eat more. I have totally cut all soda. Don't be discouraged, look back at all you've accomplished and be proud of yourself, and know you're headed in the right direction. Also Goodwill or any resale shop is great for picking up a few new clothes to get you through. Sometimes you feel better in clothes that fit better it might perk you up, make you see the difference in yourself. Good luck and keep on keeping on. You're on the right track.
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    On a shallow note: you look great! Younger and happier. Way to go for sticking with a plan that works for you and for improving your time at the gym. Any tips for giving up soda? I am a Diet Pepsi addict. CONGRATULATIONS on your success.
  • luvforever
    Options
    Honestly, I think you just have to be ready to do it. I was a Mountain Dew addict (like regular Dew too). I went from drinking a 2 liter or more per day to drinking 1 12 ounce can of Pepsi per day with my lunch (I started with that to ward of some of the headaches, and while I like Pepsi okay it wasn't my favorite thing). Then eventually I just stopped drinking the Pepsi, which was easier for me to give up then the MD.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!