Why am I not losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    This could be many, many things.

Are you weighing & measuring all your foods?

Are you eating enough OR eating at enough of a deficit? (Google Scooby Calculator. This will give you a much better caloric goal.)

You are 50. Let's be real...it is hard as HELL to take off weight once we get into the menopausal years.

Are you exercising? How many of those calories do you eat back? Don't use MFP's calorie count for exercise...it OVER estimates. If your lifting, you might be building muscle.

Are all your hormones & things in line (thyroid, etc., etc.)

So many things. Plus, it's only been a month.

I think we would all be healthier overall if we could get out of the mindset that weight loss is fast and dirty. We didn't put the weight on overnight...it's not going to reverse that fast either.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    You have to use a food scale! Trust us! My $10 food scale was the best investment I've ever made.
  • megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring waist/hips/etc.? You could be gaining muscle while losing fat.
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Are you measuring waist/hips/etc.? You could be gaining muscle while losing fat.

Not unless she's lifting heavy, and women are very slow to add muscle weight.
  • melissapinna
    melissapinna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Logging in for 14 days. Haven't lost anything this week. Very frustrated!!!!! I'm exercising up to 5 days per week.
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    @melissapinna Are you using a food scale to weigh your food? (Yes, this question again!) Eating back your exercise calories?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Logging in for 14 days. Haven't lost anything this week. Very frustrated!!!!! I'm exercising up to 5 days per week.

The quoted post has nothing to do with the thread but it begs the question; how do you know you haven't lost anything this week?
  • mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    tammyjo50 wrote: »
    I just made my diary public...

Doesnt seem to be public anymore.

Depending on how many carbs you eat, you could try lowering them 25g. 1g carb = 4 calories. 25g carb reduction would be 100 calories less. Also, try to eat 1g protein per lean mass. If unsure on what your lean mass is just make a best guess of 70% of your total weight (eg100=70%=70g protein). If you happen to increase your calories by increasing the protein you eat, just lower the carbs to adjust (try not to go less than 80g carbs though)