ISO: Low cal pizza recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• NEWMEKELLIB
    NEWMEKELLIB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been using light or whole grain English muffins, toasted for a minute first. Top with a bit of whatever pizza sauce you like (I think I used Prego) orrrr my favorite is just topping with a bit of olive oil and minced garlic - either one is good. Top with fresh mozzarella, basil, tomatoes or turkey pepperoni, baked for 5-6 minutes then I turn up the broiler to make the cheese super bubbly. I don't have calorie info off the top of my head but I can put it together for you if you'd like.

I do this too!!!! its the best !!!
  • katied75
    katied75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also use high fiber English muffins. Toast them, put a drizzle of olive oil, add some pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and toppings. I usually eat 2, feel comfortably full, and have dinner for between 350 and 400 calories depending on toppings. Once all put together I broil them in my oven for a few minutes.

*If I make pepperoni, I microwave te pepperoni's for 1 minute in paper towels to get them crispy.

*Recently I have been adding mexican spiced chicken, red peppers, and jalapeño rings and making southwestern pizza which I love.
  • LifeInAWay
    LifeInAWay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Here's what I usually make. You can take out the chicken if it's still too high cal.

435 cal
    54g pro
    15g fat
    30g carb
    10g fiber

PhotoGrid_1395947798970_zps67uroalk.jpg

That is like the perfect meal right there! I think my whole family would eat that. Even my picky husband! Thank you!
  • secondnature81
    secondnature81 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Got to say,I'm so glad I stumbled onto this thread. Pizza is always been DH and I's weakness so when it was suggested last night, I put it on pita bread. So awesome!
  • benedixjill
    Options
    I make my own dough with plain Greek yogurt, while wheat flour, salt and baking powder. Very easy, and not too bad for you!
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I make mine with regular yummy ingredients, just weighed properly (no cauliflower). The only change I make is using a tortilla for the crust as I prefer it thinner anyway so why not save a few cals!

1 x tortilla
    80g passata
    whatever veggies/meat you want
    60g grated mozarella

Usually comes in at under 500 cals.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    See if your store has Joseph's Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread - 60 calories and just 8 g carbs (and 4 g fiber) per pita! I add a little pizza sauce, cheeses & veggies and it's great.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I also still eat pizza, but only one slice of my absolute favorite take out kind and accompany that with a big fresh crunchy salad loaded with veggies and just a drizzle of dressing.

If I make it at home I use a whole wheat tortilla and load it with mushrooms and green onions, a few black olives, 1/4 LB hamburger, a little homemade sauce and top it with 1 oz weighed out mozzeralla and sprinkle with 1/2 T real shreaded parmesan. Too much cheese is a problem for me bc I love it, so I have to weigh it.
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use a portobello mushroom. I chop up the stem and use it as a topping along with 1/4 cup pizza sauce, cheese and one piece Canadian bacon. I cook it on a baking sheet for 15 minutes at 350 in the oven. I really love them and they fill the bill. The mushroom reminds me of thick crust which I like better than thin crust.