Favourite Snacks from Costco?

Options
I have been to Costco (Canada) once and found it overwhelming. There was so much food, in such large quantities with people just picking things from almost every aisle.

The one thing I noticed that there were boxes with 'single serving snacks'. This seems like a great idea for the avid 'snacker' (like me!). However, sometimes its a hit and miss, and when its a miss, your stuck with this huge volume of crap.

So just wondering what is everyone's favorite (healthy) snacks from Costco?

I tried the Kirkland nut and seed brittle and really liked that. I take a small amount to work and sometimes use it on my oatmeal

Suzie's thin cakes with some type of nut butter also tastes good

I am wanting to get the brookside single serving pack to combat my chocolate addiction.
Also, want to try Popcorners, as it seems like a healthier option to chips (my other addiction)

Replies

• routehero
    routehero Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats, Hemp Hearts and Chia Seeds are good deals at Costco Canada.
  • emilyesq
    emilyesq Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to their Calbee Snappea Crisps. They're single serving, though I have been known to eat two or three.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Detour Protein bars and the extra large peanuts.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    They have great humongous frozen fruit bags. They last a lifetime (if only one person does the smoothies). I think one bag of strawberries lasted a month for me alone.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I haven't been yet, but my friend swears by the individual cups of Cranberry Almond Chicken salad.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    emilyesq wrote: »
    I'm addicted to their Calbee Snappea Crisps. They're single serving, though I have been known to eat two or three.
    Ooo, those are awesome! I've never seen them in the single servings although I have been known to treat the large bag that way. ;)

• nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Giant tub of cashews, pumpkin tortilla chips, trident layers in bulk, protein bars. Big box of keurig k cups.
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    In just to say I am so glad that Costco has their watermelons in already and they are delish!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Sadly, my first thought was the twist frozen yogurt I always get so that I can eat something while wandering around the store... I've heard good things about the brownie brittle, but I haven't picked any up yet. I love buying veggies there, but so much (there's only two of us in the house). Quinoa, vitamins, protein powder, protein bars, etc. I actually don't like a lot of their stuff because it's a lot of high calorie snacks that I typically wouldn't buy and eat. We're still trying to determine if the cost of the membership is worth the savings or not.
  • gin_fb33
    gin_fb33 Posts: 30
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love the mini cukes and mini bell peppers as snacks.
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Naked popcorn is amazing!
  • andnottoyield
    andnottoyield Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i'm just a uni student so a lot of things at costco just aren't worth the hassle for me but some of my personal favourite things from costco are definitely:

quaker quickoats (i like the large unflavoured bags)
    frozen fruit, particularly berries/mangoes
    frozen broccoli/green beans in the steamable bags
    fresh chicken/tilapia (i like to marinate and freeze)
    brown rice / quinoa
    laundry soap
    vitamins

in terms of snacks since you mentioned those in particular i like:

unsalted fancy mixed nuts (i preportion these in baggies)
    halfpops (these are salty, crunchy, half popped popcorn -- so good!)
    calbee snappea crisps (more salty individually packed goodness)
    clif mojo bars (these are not protein bars, just granola bars with dark chocolate)
    brookside dark chocolate pouches (fruity jelly beans covered in dark chocolate, they sound pretty questionable but i really like them as an evening treat)
    most crunchy veggies last a reasonable time like baby carrots / small bell peppers
    clementines/tangerines the large cases are good too

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    daisyverma wrote: »

I tried the Kirkland nut and seed brittle and really liked that. I take a small amount to work and sometimes use it on my oatmeal

Brittle is caramelized sugar. Not sure how that counts as a "healthy" snack.

Other than plain mixed nuts, I've never bought snack foods from Costco.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    daisyverma wrote: »

Brittle is caramelized sugar. Not sure how that counts as a "healthy" snack.

Other than plain mixed nuts, I've never bought snack foods from Costco.

I don't recall the ingredients exactly, however I remember it uses honey and not caramelized sugar. Its a very thin brittle and easily breaks apart so I can crumble it on oatmeal
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter filled pretzels. Just keep them on a very high shelf.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Individual bags of beef jerky! I made a special trip this week just for those. Also stocked up on lemon Fibre One bars. I sometimes buy the big things of nuts, but didn't this time because find them a bit too tempting... They also sell the boxes of Cliff bars, that I know are popular, plus various tubs of protein supplements. You can be pretty sure they'll be cheaper at Costco than anywhere else.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Hard to say, we buy pretty much everything at Costco...there's like 2 things we buy at the regular store.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Individual bags of beef jerky! I made a special trip this week just for those. Also stocked up on lemon Fibre One bars. I sometimes buy the big things of nuts, but didn't this time because find them a bit too tempting... They also sell the boxes of Cliff bars, that I know are popular, plus various tubs of protein supplements. You can be pretty sure they'll be cheaper at Costco than anywhere else.

I like those Fibre 1 lemon bars when craving baked goods!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    My OLD favorite snack was their muffins. Do you know how many calories are in a muffin? WTG MFP for enlightening me. Costco muffins made me fat! :laugh:
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    My OLD favorite snack was their muffins. Do you know how many calories are in a muffin? WTG MFP for enlightening me. Costco muffins made me fat! :laugh:

Haha! I just bought some yesterday for my husband and kids. Knowing that I wasn't gonna eat them, my husband asked me if he wanted to know the caloric intake of one...I said "No". LOL He can handle them...me, not so much. :disagree: