What Do You Do with saboteurs?

Options
Phoenix_Down
Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
edited March 2015 in Food and Nutrition
What do you do with saboteurs? I gave my son a smores granola bar. I broke it up in several pieces for him to make it easier to eat. Turn my head for a second and look down at my morning coffee... There! 100 unplanned calories decorated my drink. Maybe my son is mad at me for not letting him chew on my new foam roller? Maybe it was the extra veggies I put on his plate the night before? What do you do?

Me? Well, Im going to make it fit. It kind of tasted like hot chocolate with marshmallows, as I had put Coffeemate snickerdoodle creamer in it. Sometimes, thing happen. Whether direct or indirectly, no one forces you to do something you don't want to. You have to two choices in these situations. You decline, you make it fit, or you go over one day. One day doesn't make or break you. And sometimes, your son accidentally creates a masterpiece for breakfast ;P

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    until you've reached that point where you don't freak the hell out at EVERY little thing in your diet that day you've not reached that point where food is still not in control of you.

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Nothing. If I can't fit it in my day, I'll save it for tomorrow or the next. If I don't want it, I say no and move on.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything to add, except that I almost wept for joy to see the correct word, "saboteurs", used in this context.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:

I take it one day at a time. There will be good days and there will be bad days. I try to go back to my nutrition plan, as soon as I can.

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    My reaction would vary based on many things but mostly on my mood. In the example you gave, I'd probably have just dumped the coffee and poured a fresh cup. But then, I don't drink coffee so I'd never be faced with that particular problem.
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My husband occasionally tries to sneak "treats" for me into the grocery cart. It's not so much that he's trying to sabotage me, he thinks he's being nice, but he often forgets (which I chalk up to his short term memory problems due to a stroke he had) that I have celiac disease and what he picks out usually has wheat as the first ingredient. The last time he did this, I didn't catch it until we were loading the groceries in the car. I told him I hope he enjoys the bag of Brownie Brittle he picked up, because I couldn't eat it. He had to eat the whole bag himself. Come to think of it, he hasn't done it since he got stuck with the Brownie Brittle.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Options
    I just realized there were three choices when I said there were two. Lol
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    My reaction would vary based on many things but mostly on my mood. In the example you gave, I'd probably have just dumped the coffee and poured a fresh cup. But then, I don't drink coffee so I'd never be faced with that particular problem.

You would seriously dump out your coffee because your kid dumped a piece of a granola bar into it? Are you really that obsessed with your calorie control?

My dad once dumped out a cup of coffee because a fly drowned itself in it and then sunk to the bottom when he tried to fish it out. This I can understand, because, well, ew. A bit of yummy granola bar? Yeah, no.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Serves you right. I'd be pissed if you didn't let me chew on your foam roller either!
  • Phoenix_Down
    Options

You would seriously dump out your coffee because your kid dumped a piece of a granola bar into it? Are you really that obsessed with your calorie control?

My dad once dumped out a cup of coffee because a fly drowned itself in it and then sunk to the bottom when he tried to fish it out. This I can understand, because, well, ew. A bit of yummy granola bar? Yeah, no.

Hey, protein :wink:
  • Phoenix_Down
    Options
    Serves you right. I'd be pissed if you didn't let me chew on your foam roller either!

Bahaha. It's pink and awesome!
  • jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Same thing you do with a husband who brings you a red velvet cupcake and a Fitbit aria weighing scale for Valentine's Day! Shake your head, enjoy the treat, and move on :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I would have picked up the granola bar and threw it away, personally.

Otherwise, well, it really depends if I want the thing or not. If I do, I have it, if I don't, I don't.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I would have picked up the granola bar and threw it away, personally.

Otherwise, well, it really depends if I want the thing or not. If I do, I have it, if I don't, I don't.

Hehe, the second I tried to pick it out it broke into tiny pieces . I was stuck with it. But honestly was a pleasant coffee with it =P
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Yes, and no.
  • beckyml1980
    beckyml1980 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I roll with the punches. If my kids want to give me a few smarties each, then I eat them because I love my kids, but I log it. You learn that an additional 100 cals here and there won't hurt you :)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i crush them into a fine powder.
  • Chikika
    Chikika Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I agree with John, at the beginning of your journey I think you're more likely to be analabout your calories. But then as you move on, lose weight, have bad days and still lose weight, you realize that it's not that serious. So personally I would have fished it out, just because I can't imagine that being tasty, otherwise log the calories in and keep on truckin.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Options
    i crush them into a fine powder.

Makes me think of Wreck it Ralph and Zangeef.

"I crush man's skull like sparrows egg between thighs. "
  • Phoenix_Down
    Options
    2m4xe1g.gif

Well, this took a more serious tone then intended lol.