124»

Replies

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    apparently u guys don't know how many calories are in alcohol.

We aren't talking Budlight here.

budlight is not alcohol?

No... it isn't

However over the summer I discovered that Bud Light Lime is actually a much better "sports drink" than Gatorade

LOL. I haven't tried that one. I didn't think that adding lime to a bad drink would make it better. I did try the citrus Coors light at a demonstration and I have to say, it was a bit refreshing. Still not buying it.

Someone left some with me after a party. I didn't know what to do with it. I cracked one after a particularly hard run and... wow... it was great! It was *NOT* beer. But it was a better "gatorade" type substance...
  • bhealthy1516
    bhealthy1516 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi, I understood your question. In my opinion, it is basically calories that count for losing weight, mixture of things you want to treat yourself to, and some healthier things mixed in.

Funny thing, I just got home, stressed, and took a glass of wine.

I'm not on program just yet, joined yesterday, but when I was counting calories a few weeks ago and l lost a few lbs. When I wanted something,
    Chocolate.for example, I counted it.

Something that I've learned recently, if you're going to have whatever it is, alcohol for instance, try to have a little protein, for your blood sugar levels.

I hope I don't get that nasty poster slamming me now, lol!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    apparently u guys don't know how many calories are in alcohol.

We aren't talking Budlight here.

budlight is not alcohol?

It's what you drink in College when you are poor and they have $1 bud night.

I drink it during beach season because dark beer + hot sun = disaster
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

I hope I don't get that nasty poster slamming me now, lol!

Nah, sounds like you get it. Although that bit about blood sugar levels is questionable. It does help to eat food with your choice of alcohol in any case to keep it from absorbing too fast, thus leading you to made bad food choices later in the evening.

Regardless, in reality it doesn't make a damn bit of difference in terms of the exact macro balance, as long as you eat within your calorie limits. And there is nothing at all wrong with enjoying a glass of wine or two if that fits your limit.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP I will answer your question ..

1400 calories of crown royal= 1400 calories of steak because a calorie is a unit of energy and they are equal.

However, the are no where near nutritional twins...
  • williamgprice
    williamgprice Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    klkateri wrote: »
    I've also learned that dark beers generally have less calories than lighter beers (Think Guinness v. Coors)

Ouch...be careful with that one. Guinness may be the exception, not the rule here as it is actually pretty low calorie and carb compared to a typical lager that most people drink. But I guarantee you that there are waaay more calories in a bottle of Founders Backwoods *kitten* or a Prairie Bomb! than there is in a bottle of Budweiser, Coors (even yellow belly), or a Miller MGD.

Hmmm...might have to break one of those out of the closet stash tonight and toss it in the fridge for 5 minutes to get it o that optimal 55 degrees. I better go ahead and plug in that 350 calories now.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    tuck1218 wrote: »
    1400 calories of alcohol a day? Forget weight loss. Say good bye to your liver.

And hello to Cirrhosis!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    1400 calories of alcohol sounds like a typical RAGBRAI day (annual bike ride across the great state of Iowa)