Alcohol...what NOT to drink ✌️

Options
Ok guys another question. I have quite a busy social life and I find it screams disaster on my diet! Suggestions on what is the best alcoholic drinks to order and what to avoid like the plague. I obviously know to stay clear of beer (hell for me) but what should we be ordering on a night out

Replies

• lwatson0
    lwatson0 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Any clear spirits like vodka or gin with a diet / sugar free mixer are the way to go :)

So, vodka diet coke or gin and slimline tonic are your friends
  • hoodi90
    hoodi90 Posts: 105
    Options
    Great, the only problem is I find vodka hard to drink, I need to learn to love it haha thanks a mill
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am not a huge vodka drinker, but Crater Lake vodka is AMAZING straight. It is one of the smoothest vodkas I have ever had in my life. It is seems like a serious crime to mix it in anything, it is that good, and I am the mixed drink queen.
  • nheywood90
    nheywood90 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Higher end tequila that is 100% agave
  • hoodi90
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I am not a huge vodka drinker, but Crater Lake vodka is AMAZING straight. It is one of the smoothest vodkas I have ever had in my life. It is seems like a serious crime to mix it in anything, it is that good, and I am the mixed drink queen.
    Thanks a million, il have a try haha if only ever was as good! Even wine
  • hoodi90
    Options
    nheywood90 wrote: »

I would die drinking tequila haha

• kdjp15
    kdjp15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Vodka Soda Lime :-)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Why drink alcohol at all? It's just empty calories. I sip on a diet Coke when other people are drinking and nobody knows the difference.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Try flavored vodkas. 360 vodka has a lemon flavor that literally tastes like a lemon head. Add it to some flavored soda water and you have a low calorie treat.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I limit any mixed drinks that are sweet / sugary / unnatural colours (like neon lime green or whatever) The sugar in those alone can turn a 100cal drink into a 300+ cal drink. Not only that, they cause the *worst* hangovers!!! For that reason, I wont drink them even when Im not on a diet...just 2 and Im down for the count.

I agree with sticking to clear liquors and mixing it with tonic or a diet soda.

Also, for every one drink you have, order one soda water with a lime. That keeps you hydrated, cuts your drink calories in half (since youre only having one alcoholic drink for every two drinks..basically) and also looks like a mixed drink, which keeps people from wondering why you are drinking water / not having a real drink and ordering something for you. Also half expensive...hey I live in Miami, where drinks are $10-20..every little bit counts! lol

ETA: Avoid creamy drinks..like Baileys. I LOVE Baileys..but its a calorie monster.
  • hoodi90
    Options
    hoodi90 wrote: »
    nheywood90 wrote: »

I would die drinking tequila haha
    Why drink alcohol at all? It's just empty calories. I sip on a diet Coke when other people are drinking and nobody knows the difference.
    I enjoy having a drink, it helps me relax at the end of a long week, I don't drink heavily maybe two or three over the course of 6 hours
  • hoodi90
    Options
    Pr
    losingrae wrote: »
    Try flavored vodkas. 360 vodka has a lemon flavor that literally tastes like a lemon head. Add it to some flavored soda water and you have a low calorie treat.

sounds great, problem is I live in ireland and the selection here if vodka is awful in bars and clubs! What is grey goose like? Is it smoother then Smirnoff?
  • hoodi90
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    The flavoured vodka wouldn't be full of sugar would it? I saw some in my local shop I think I might give it a try
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Dry Wine? Some good healthy benefits and takes off the edge. Were good friends lol!
  • hoodi90
    Options
    Dry Wine? Some good healthy benefits and takes off the edge. Were good friends lol!
    Haha I'm a bit of a wine friend myself haha, could u recommend any for me?
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Don't drink anything that causes you to puke. That's my two cents.
  • hoodi90
    Options
    Don't drink anything that causes you to puke. That's my two cents.

And a very wise two cents it is haha
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Why not a glass of wine?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Whatever you enjoy that fits within your calorie limits, in moderation.

For me that is usually a glass or two of wine every night although we are having pizza tonight so I will probably have a beer.

• hoodi90
    Options
    Why not a glass of wine?
    I heard wine can be very high in calories?