Crossing my legs!
  • angier321
    angier321 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just bumping this GREAT thread!!!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    That after losing 66 pounds, I still don't look differently to people I haven't seen in awhile. That or they don't say anything.

Oh, and while I look noticeably smaller, the measurement around my stomach remains in the same.

Hmm, are those collar bones? :)

A lot of people didn't say anything to me while I was losing weight, especially the men I work with. One guy said he was afraid to say anything because girls are very sensitive about it...which make sense.
  • lbredhead
    lbredhead Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not having to suck in my stomach and/or spread my legs to bend over and tie my shoes. :D
  • josephwelch7739
    josephwelch7739 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You have to tighten the seat belt on the air plane. You can put the arm rest down without it digging into your hip
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Feel really small and short when driving in the car now. A lot less butt propping me up, I feel all sunken in in the drivers seat. And the steering wheel seems so far away.

Also my arms hang differently now when standing. My thumbs face forward, the front of my hands face outwards, and my elbows face backwards when I'm standing with my arms at my sides.

It used to be that the entire front of my hands faced forward, my thumbs would face me, and my elbows pointed outwards (which used to make me feel like I looked like a bear or something, lol)
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    ...Also my arms hang differently now when standing. My thumbs face forward, the front of my hands face outwards, and my elbows face backwards when I'm standing with my arms at my sides.

It used to be that the entire front of my hands faced forward, my thumbs would face me, and my elbows pointed outwards (which used to make me feel like I looked like a bear or something, lol)

What an interesting observation, and so true! I've seen people walking who swing their arms in front of them instead of back and forth along their sides when they are very heavy, but once they lose a reasonable amount of weight, especially in the hip area, their arm movement is 'normal'.

Something unexpected for me is that my wrist size has gotten smaller. I didn't realize I had fat around my wrist bones. When I started wearing my Fitbit Flex last May I had to snap it into the loosest holes, now it is 3 holes in! This honestly surprised me, a lot. I wonder if there is still some fat there since I have another 40 pounds to lose. I think I've lost 1/2 inch around my wrist -- only know this from measuring when I was trying to determine my "bone structure" in an effort to figure out my goal weight.

55835802.png
  • randiwoods1
    randiwoods1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! I'm 70 lbs down, 50 more to go but here we go so far:
    Rings falling off, I can wear high heels again, No worrying about fitting into a restaurant booth or small airplane seat, seat belts that need to be tightened, smaller shoe size - both width and length (didn't expect this one at all), needed to relearn to apply makeup (round face now has features), necklaces and bracelets are too long, Embarrassment when I bend over or reach up high and my pants start falling off, when I have no clue what size to try on so grab an outfit in 3 sizes.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Ok so it's not unexpected but today my size 16 (UK) 'skinny' jeans officially became not skinny on me. They looked baggy :)
  • NikkiNerdy
    NikkiNerdy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This stuff is amazing to read!

- Not coming out of the shower in a bad mood because I hated looking at myself
    - Having to adjust my bra straps constantly because I've lost back fat, also having to go to smaller loops for the same reasons.
    - My shoes are too big! I feel like I'm going to fall in my boots because the space between the top of my ankles and the boots has gotten wider because I lost leg weight.

It's funny to notice the little things.
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have lost 76 and I still have a long way to go. I have already noticed so many changes! So far I have dropped multiple sizes, I can walk up a flight of stairs with ease and without losing my breath. I can bend over and tie my shoes without a struggle. My fingers have gotten skinny! I can't wear some of my rings anymore because they fall off. I am much more comfortable in my own skin. I can look at myself in the mirror and feel good about what I see. My self confidence has sky rocked. I can't wait to see how I feel after another 76lbs!
  • blessybuva
    blessybuva Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    -seeing myself as a completely different person
    -being A LOT more confident than I thought I would be
    -not being afraid to chat up cute girls
    - knees and hips feel awkward when lying in bed
    -cold all the time, which I actually dislike. I used to walk around in shorts in the dead of winter. I miss that
    -just realised the other day that when there's a physical job around the house/garden Im the first one to jump up and offer to do it. never did that before
    -I had no idea what the actual shape of my face was, until the fat was gone. I actually like it, which NEVER happened before
    -I thought I would always have to restrict myself from tasty but unhealthy food. turns out I don't like it anymore. didn't expect that!
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Graduated C25K today!! I can run 30 min straight!!!

Whoops, just realized I posted in the wrong thread haha.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It's ok, I hope I'll be able to run for 30 minutes straight soon!
  • afur73
    afur73 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i have only managed to run for 30 minutes once since i started exercising. managed to get 5k in that time. was well pleased.
  • VagablondViking
    VagablondViking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Actually craving the gym. I lift heavy three mornings a week, but by the time my rest day is over, I'm champing at the bit to get back. I've lifted in the past, but never got a one rep max of squat beyond 110 pounds. Yesterday, I squated 5 sets of 5 at 100 pounds. It felt amazing.

I've put on muscle and am nowhere near my weightloss goal... but still there are benefits. Not being exhausted or sore to the point of not being able to walk after putting a full shift in at work. Plantar fasciitis is nearly gone.

Just better posture and how much easier everything is. Life is just better. All of it is better.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My winter jacket is so loose this year that the cold wind can get up under it. I will have to buy a smaller jacket next winter.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!