Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    battybecks wrote: »
    Oh yes - I had that with the knees! I can't sleep in my old foetal position any more because of that!

The daftest one for me was when I tried to sweep some spilled dry rice off the kitchen counter into my cupped hand, and it all fell through the gaps between my fingers. I didn't used to have gaps!

Second daftest was having to get my glasses frames resized because they just kept falling off my face.

Oh my gosh... My glasses are so loose and I didn't even think about it being due to weight Loss! DUH hahahah So did you have to get new glasses or just have the arms tightened?
  • sweetace2k5
    sweetace2k5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    After losing 100 pounds I still don't recognize myself sometimes. One big change I recently noticed is similar to others here, I seem to have gone from seeing myself as smaller than I am to seeing myself as bigger than I am. It's a strange feeling to sometimes feel larger at 185 than I did at 285. The brain is a strange thing or maybe I just indulged in a few too many recreational substances in my past. :p

I have that from time to time. I think the call it Body dysmorphic disorder.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    DeWoSa wrote: »
    I just remembered another one -- going to the doctor's office and when they ask "what medications are you on" and I say "none," I always get a look of surprise, and then they say: "None?"

It makes me feel super healthy.

I JUST had this happen! It's like they are so surprised to have someone in their office that isn't on a regular medication of some kind. Crazy isn't it?

Same here!
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Some of these are absolutely hilarious! I'm definitely going to refer back to this for inspiration. :)
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Great thread here! There are a lot of things I didn't expect. One is that I notice people are nicer to me. I mean, strangers and acquaintances. Perhaps I carry myself with more confidence or maybe it's true that people react differently to thinner people, I'm not sure. But I notice men in particular smile more often and hold doors open for me whereas they didn't before too much. Another great surprise is all the friends I've made by getting out there and being active. What a perk! Another that I'm so thrilled with is that I can finally run! I never, ever could run. Growing up, I always was a dancer, and I was also on the volleyball and cheerleading teams, but I was overweight. Not as much as when I was an adult, but probably 30 - 40 lbs. I could never do the mile in gym class. i was always last. Well, two weeks or so ago, I ran my first 10K and it was thrilling when I came in 116th place (not last) and did not need to stop once. As far as my body, I have lost weight in weird places, like my feet (I was in a size 8 and now 7 1/2 feel big) and my armpits! I have trouble shaving because they're almost hollow now. Also, when I sit, my tailbone feels like it hits the seat surface; I guess I don't have much padding there anymore. Those are just some things I can think of. The best thing is being able to wear clothes that I always wanted to, although because of loose skin, I still wouldn't feel comfortable in a bikini. But hey, no big deal. I can get over that.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    The last 2 posts I found really interesting - I'm finding myself kind of fascinated by how differently I'm treated now. Even just casually and in passing. Probably a topic for a different thread but I feel/notice it regularly.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    The last 2 posts I found really interesting - I'm finding myself kind of fascinated by how differently I'm treated now. Even just casually and in passing. Probably a topic for a different thread but I feel/notice it regularly.

I agree, I do get treated somewhat differently by strangers. My friends and family still treat me the same. I think a lot of it is my confidence, I am not trying to hide anymore, I am still not the center of attention kind of person, but I don't want to be invisible like I did before. I definitely get at drink at a crowded bar a lot faster.
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    • My hips don't crack when I stand up anymore.
    • My lower back pain is gone.
    • Looking at parts of my body and being shocked - they don't seem like mine.
    • That when you get smaller losing sizes happens faster. (Going from a size 20 to a size 18 was like 25 pounds. Going from a 18 to a 16 was only like 15 pounds. I would imagine that the lower you get a single size could be just 5 pounds.)

All of this! But especially the last one! At my absolute highest weight I was a 22/24 and it took a good 20 pounds to get into a size 20 and another 15 pounds to get into an 18 and now I'm on the verge of getting into a 16 and that took 15 pounds to get here and I can NOT wait to get into a 14 again! It has been SO long!
  • kirstinheard
    kirstinheard Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ill be happy when I get there. Good for you! Awesome job:-)
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The pressure that I put on myself to look good now! If I don't look my absolute best then I'm very critical of myself. Something I never used to do before.. Maybe because I always looked rubbish!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!