Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    maddyk91 wrote: »
    my skin is incredibly clear. no body acne between rolls! :s

i also think i smell better. just in general, is that weird?

Less skin rolls, less places for bacteria to lurk and stink you up!

I find myself staring at my forearms seeing the definition in them, especially after a few km's on the rowing machine at the gym. Before they were just smooth shanks.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    love this thread
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That moment When I realized: Treadmill/gym...bank account/mastercard. And the moment when I realized my "all out jog" is really less my resting jog and that I am can do an all out run that makes my brain and my muscles happy...PRICELESS!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have lost 58lb from 260lb.

I still haven't got used to the fact that this smaller person is me. I do double takes when I'm out shopping and catch my reflection in a window or full length mirror because I can't understand that it's me!

I spend more money on new work out clothes than I do on work clothes

My ex-boyfriend and very good mate visited me a couple of months ago, hugged me and picked me up which he hasn't been able to do since we very first went out.

Being one of the fittest people in the room rather than one of the fattest. I do some of the highest intensity versions of Zumba in my class!

I now love the feeling of crossing my legs :smile:
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Your bladder shrinks & you have to go to the bathroom more frequently.
  • xsqueakme85
    xsqueakme85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Mine would be my boney knees and hips. Also unexpectedly my excess skin. I recently went from 148 to 137 and just in those ten pounds the amount of extra skin is so disappointing. I know I would appear skinnier at this weight without it. But I feel great and no one sees it under my shirts (tummy is the worst part) But I am afraid to wear shorts so I need to get my but in gear and really work out my legs
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I don't get sick (colds, etc) as often.. and when I do get sick, it's not as severe.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    bwmalone wrote: »
    I don't get sick (colds, etc) as often.. and when I do get sick, it's not as severe.

I was just thinking about this one earlier today. In 9 months I've been sick twice. I used to get sick much more frequently.
  • jordipie55
    jordipie55 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've still got 40 pounds to go, but I've noticed changes with my jeans. Before, I had to wear them below my belly because they fit my legs and hips but I could't do them up over my stomach. Sometime in the last couple months, I've finally been able to get them zipped and buttoned where they're supposed to be. To top it all off, in the last few weeks, I keep having to hoist them up because now they're almost too big to fit over my stomach. Time to dig out my old belts, lol. I never thought I'd get to the point where my pants were fitting properly, let alone be a little on the roomy side, so this has got me uber excited.

This thread is amazing and I can't wait to read more from everyone else =D Each post gets me excited for what's to come on the rest of my quest. Thanks for sharing everyone!!
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Even at the age of 52, I'm learning to cook.

After really reading the labels of most packaged foods (yikes, by the way) I decided I can do better by preparing my own foods.
  • RhondaDesiree
    RhondaDesiree Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can walk up a flight of stairs without feeling like I'm gonna die. I had to get smaller shoes. Before I had to get an extra wide shoe. Now I can wear normal shoes. I can fit in the bathtub. My glasses no longer leave indentions in the side of my face. I finally had the courage to cut my hair. Before I always felt like my face & neck were too fat. I have lots more energy. Before I could barely do 5 minutes on the elliptical, now I can do 60 minutes and don't feel dead & out of breath. I'm down 2 sizes! My clothes fit better. I also know what my body is capable of & I look forward to the rest of my journey. I actually enjoy working out.
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I love the comments about the knees! So true!

I get service in stores and restaurants whereas before I might as well have been invisible.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    DeWoSa wrote: »
    I just remembered another one -- going to the doctor's office and when they ask "what medications are you on" and I say "none," I always get a look of surprise, and then they say: "None?"

It makes me feel super healthy.

I JUST had this happen! It's like they are so surprised to have someone in their office that isn't on a regular medication of some kind. Crazy isn't it?

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!