Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    Physical:
    - I can fit into some really high quality second hand clothes. The designer boutique is called "My Old Wardrobe". Silk dresses, leather skirts, pant and skirt suits, outerwear, an embarrassing number of skinny jeans... a small fortune.

- My body can do things now that I could never do before! Like carry heavy groceries or bicycle for hours without stop.
    - I don't tire so easily. Even going downstairs to get groceries in the store seemed like such a task, now I do everyday stuff with ease.
    - I've kinda replaced my food addiction with gym wares. Sadly all the athletic wear I bought 6-12 months ago are now too big. Even the undies I bought 2 weeks ago, went sliding downwards today.
    - I can tie my shoelaces without tummy feeling like a big obstacle.
    - Spontaneously I run at times where I used to walk (slowly).
    - I've always had a bit of a complex for my big arms. Can see now that underneath some vanity fat, the biceps have grown!
    - I can wear a custom made inherited ring my aunt gave me.
    - Guys are hitting on me.
    - One of my cycling instructors not only urged me to apply for a job in the business, but sent me contact info as well.

Mental:
    - Feel more in control. I'm repairing my relationship with food. It's not a substance I should use to abuse myself with. Food is not a "comfort" in place of having painful feelings.
    - I enjoy pressuring myself now at the gym or outdoors. I love the smell of the woods and fresh air.
    - I'm a survivor that has been too self-reliant. Dieting has taught me that asking for help sometimes is ok too.
    - The dieting process has also taught me to be humble and grateful for the tiniest successes in life and to appreciate when my body functions as it should.
    - I'm kinder to myself. Even when I'm having bad days, I don't wanna shame myself anymore. Shame is toxic. I can't change the past. I can only change the present and the future.

I love this entire post. Good for you! (*)
  • whatisupfat
    whatisupfat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I so agree with this. I feel the same way. In my mind I still see myself as fat and I love my new found collar bone :disagree:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Was wondering (just for fun) what everyone's weight loss 'surprises' were - I mean, we all know we're going to finish looking awesome, fitter, and having to buy a new wardrobe of clothes :-) but what were the results of weight loss you didn't realise..?

Phone numbers, and clocked in a one hit knock out last time someone tried to pick a fight with me.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    ehuschka wrote: »
    Being head hunted on Southwest flights.
    They let you sit anywhere, no assigned seats. Last time I flew, somebody made eye contact and begged me to sit with them because I was "small and wouldn't squish them." I was so flattered that I sat with them.... my husband wasn't too pleased.

Haha - I was on a plane last week and was thinking how just a year ago I was TOTALLY that guy you didn't want to see coming down the aisle, looking at your row... :wink:

• healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Wow these are all amazing!!!!!! I am looking forward to a bunch of them but can't say I'm there yet! The one surprise for me is how quickly I notice my face looking slimmer - I didn't think it was chubby! But apparently it was!
  • TOBEADIME
    TOBEADIME Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm only down 20 and have 20 more to go to goal. So far...
    My rings, they all fall off my hands
    My socks don't leave indents on my leg
    Also I didn't expect to lose so much boob
    The amount my aunt wants to talk about how FAT I was in front of people. At the most inappropriate times, and to the most inappropriate people.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    I was still trying to wear my old robe but the openings at the sleeves are so much bigger than my arms now that I lit it on fire while cooking.

Oh my gosh. I hope you are okay!

(That's totally something I'd do)

• maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    • My hips don't crack when I stand up anymore.
    • My lower back pain is gone.
    • Looking at parts of my body and being shocked - they don't seem like mine.
    • That when you get smaller losing sizes happens faster. (Going from a size 20 to a size 18 was like 25 pounds. Going from a 18 to a 16 was only like 15 pounds. I would imagine that the lower you get a single size could be just 5 pounds.)

Isn't that the truth! I just noticed today that I dropped from a 6 to a 4, and I am only about 7ish pounds (maybe as many as 9?) down from my weight when I bought the size 6's!!
  • tolber27
    tolber27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have so many of these same things! I am also constantly cold but on the flip side, I don't get hot as easily when I'm outside in the summer! Also can't wait to update the weight on my drivers license since I'm 20lbs under what mine says. I'm getting it updated when I hit my goal weight - I don't care if it's off cycle or I have to lie and say I lost it somewhere :smile:

• bethmeyer357
    bethmeyer357 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My husband put his hand on my side and, with concern, asked, "What's that?" It was my hip bone, newly emerged, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!